Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DVR Corrupted Recordings?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   imikeyy

imikeyy

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

I've been having this problem for a while, but I decided I wanted to fix it. Whenever I scroll down my playlist, when I reach a certain point, my list will just freeze. There are still more recordings below the one I am frozen at, I can see with the indicator arrow pointing down, but I can't get to them. I assume there is some kind of corrupted error, that maybe the receiver can't read the hard drive, but idk. Is there a way to remotely delete the recordings online? I'm connected through whole-home, and the same issue happens when I try to delete the recordings from other receivers in the house. If anybody has any advice, that's be great. I'd like to steer clear from wiping the drive completely, I have a lot of season passes. Thanks for the help

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,953 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

Not sure what's going on here, but if you want to remove some recordings, you might go to each DVR and change the playlist option from "all" to local. This will then show only the recordings on that DVR. Delete what you want, then change back to "all" and move to the next DVR and repeat this.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   imikeyy

imikeyy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Oh yeah I've tried that. It's recordings only on the DVR in my room. I can't get to the ones on my DVR that I want to delete because when I scroll down my playlist, it will freeze, and then I have to exit the playlist in order to do anything b

#4 OFFLINE   ssandhoops

ssandhoops

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

If you have an iPad, you can delete recordings via the iPad app.

#5 OFFLINE   imikeyy

imikeyy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

If you have an iPad, you can delete recordings via the iPad app.

The DirectTV for iPad? Or that Nomad app?

#6 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,727 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Have you tried the Channel Down button to jump a page at a time ? Maybe it would jump over the problematic item. ??

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#7 OFFLINE   imikeyy

imikeyy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Have you tried the Channel Down button to jump a page at a time ? Maybe it would jump over the problematic item. ??

Whether I do it one page or one item at a time it's the same problem. It gets stuck.

#8 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Have you done a menu restart? You may have but I dont see where you say you did unless I missed it. If there are bad areas of the drive it will try and correct during the reboot process and attempt to fix what it can if it truly is a corrupt recording(s)

#9 OFFLINE   imikeyy

imikeyy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Have you done a menu restart? You may have but I dont see where you say you did unless I missed it. If there are bad areas of the drive it will try and correct during the reboot process and attempt to fix what it can if it truly is a corrupt recording(s)

I hadn't done that, I didn't know that was possible, never heard of it. That won't delete any shows or season passes right?

#10 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,490 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

No.

Unless, of course, the HD is bad and it crashes on reboot - which would happen eventually anyway.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#11 OFFLINE   imikeyy

imikeyy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

How do I do that then?

#12 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,490 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Menu - Settings - Reset - Restart Receiver

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

Protected By... spam firewall...And...