Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

People Hang on to Them Receipts

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mojoe376

Mojoe376

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

I have been bugged by those great dish network people for the last month!! Great signs! they cannot keep their records right. I've returned two 722 receivers and they fail to show receipt. Latest threat is to charge for receiver. I've called twice and have yet too get them to correct records. Been with Dish since the beginning but I will cut ties in a minute with the receiver charge. All I can say is everyone hang on to those receipts, you never know when they will screw up!:mad:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

As I mentioned elsewhere here, a client of mine was hit for an unreturned receiver fee for a 722 that was active in her home at the time.

How could a billing system generate a charge for a receiver that was authorized and functioning at the time ??

As noted on some D* issues too, it is just bizarre in some cases what happens in this business.

#3 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

As I mentioned elsewhere here, a client of mine was hit for an unreturned receiver fee for a 722 that was active in her home at the time.

How could a billing system generate a charge for a receiver that was authorized and functioning at the time ??

As noted on some D* issues too, it is just bizarre in some cases what happens in this business.

The fee could be tied to the return package, not the reciever itself. So if someone orders a return package for an active reciever, then a fee would be assessed even if the reciever is still active.

#4 OFFLINE   Mojoe376

Mojoe376

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

I can confirm that my receiver return was due too a defective receiver. But with that being said I will say that dish does not keep their records straight. Even though I have receipts for my returns. They still fell free to keep harassing me. After two calls that confirm my returns. They still do not agree! What else can say but that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Long story short is people keep those receipts! No telling how long? They may never make up their minds...

#5 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

I can confirm that my receiver return was due too a defective receiver. But with that being said I will say that dish does not keep their records straight. Even though I have receipts for my returns. They still fell free to keep harassing me. After two calls that confirm my returns. They still do not agree! What else can say but that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Long story short is people keep those receipts! No telling how long? They may never make up their minds...

Thanks for alerting us to the service you have received. What can I do to help fix the situation? Would you PM me with the phone number on the account to better help you?

#6 OFFLINE   Mojoe376

Mojoe376

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

My CSR from my last phone call insured me that it has been taken care of.. but then again that is what the first one said. Let's see, Thanks!

#7 OFFLINE   Mojoe376

Mojoe376

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Well it's finally happened, after three calls to dish they still charge my account for a returned receiver. Kept all my receipts have received all my receipt notices and I still get charged. I been with them for I guess close to twenty years. Anyway been though lots of receivers and this is a first. I have Dirt as well as other options working on the problem. Just disappointing it has to get too this point. Don't know really how much longer I will stay with them.

#8 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 566 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

I have received and replied to the PM that was sent.

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#9 OFFLINE   Mojoe376

Mojoe376

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Yes, I see I got it Matt. Thanks for your help now let's see if the right hand will do there thing in 24 to 48 hours. I don't know for sure but there seemed too be problems on this replacement ever since it's beginning. Received two receivers from Dish that I could not to get too boot up. Then this deal??

#10 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 566 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Please feel free to send me another PM if you are having trouble with the replacement

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...