Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Campground system for HD confused

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Al210

Al210

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

I have read a lot of posts and information on google but am totally confused.

I have a campground site that is permanent, meaning I won't be moving the trailer all summer. I want to install a dish there for HD TV signals. I want the smallest physical setup outside as possible. I used to have that big 5 LNB dish from Direct a couple of years ago at my house and just dont want something that big. I am just totally confused about what I need? Western arc, eastern arc, dish 500, 1000.4. etc ???????

This system will be setup in central Pennsylvania.

Please Help :confused: :confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Smallest would be the Eastern arc, because you should only need the newer Dish that covers 61.5 and 72. But that assumes your locals are on it. What is your Zip code there.
It also depends what ARC you can see from there, meaning any obstructions such as trees.

#3 OFFLINE   Al210

Al210

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Smallest would be the Eastern arc, because you should only need the newer Dish that covers 61.5 and 72. But that assumes your locals are on it. What is your Zip code there.

The location is Auburn, PA 17922

Not too concerned about the locals. I can get them with the trailers built in OTA if I have to.

It also depends what ARC you can see from there, meaning any obstructions such as trees.

We are in the woods but I have a clear out behind the camper for about 50 yards then the trees are tall and moderately thick.

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

The location is Auburn, PA 17922

Not too concerned about the locals. I can get them with the trailers built in OTA if I have to.

We are in the woods but I have a clear out behind the camper for about 50 yards then the trees are tall and moderately thick.

Does your campground offer a cable system?With only a 50yd window you don't have much chance of seeing the satellites a compass setting of 212 should be about the center of the arc. You can check and see where that is in relation to your window.

Edited by boba, 12 March 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   Al210

Al210

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Does your campground offer a cable system?

Yes they do. Its only a few channels and no HD.

#6 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Why not just have an installer come out and they will be able to see if something can be figured out? If the installer can't figure it out and you think you might have a shot of a signal, ask for their supervisor.
Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#7 OFFLINE   Rickt1962

Rickt1962

Legend

• Registered
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

I Love camping ! The outdoors the roughing it ! And I CANT GET MY HD ! LOL If you sit really close to the TV its just like HD and you can still say you wer Camping and roughing it ! LOL:rolleyes:

King Cable Cutter ! XBMC , PLEX , Raspberry Pi   Love my New Boxes :)

Avatars are to protect the Ugly people from scaring others !
Come from the land of Pennsylvania where Cable TV was invented ! Had HBO back in the 70's and total cable bill was $ 12.00 and all TV's got Cable with no extra fee ! Been using satellite since the C-Band Days and Dave and Charlie

#8 OFFLINE   Al210

Al210

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

I Love camping ! The outdoors the roughing it ! And I CANT GET MY HD ! LOL If you sit really close to the TV its just like HD and you can still say you wer Camping and roughing it ! LOL:rolleyes:

It's a permanent camp site. We are there pretty much every weekend from mid April through mid October. It's more of a summer retreat than camping. It would be nice to have some programming available from time to time. :D

#9 ONLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,725 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

I Love camping ! The outdoors the roughing it ! And I CANT GET MY HD ! LOL If you sit really close to the TV its just like HD and you can still say you were Camping and roughing it ! LOL:rolleyes:

When my family went camping in the 1960s, we use to look at the baseball games on our transistor radios, illuminated by our Coleman lanterns.

#10 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 657 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

defintly u want to aim at the eastern arc birds as those are higher in the sky an the dish 1000.4 is just slightly bigger than the old single lnb dishes of yesteryear. on the western arc birds, 129 is where most of the hd comes from an in order to see that bird, u would basically need to see the sun set into earth, not trees. its very low anotherwords.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

spam firewall