Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie, 0x067E - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 729 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

I'm still stuck on 0x5fd...... is 0x067E a national release?

Yes. Usually it rolls out first to Mountain time, followed by Pacific, Central, then finally Eastern.

Just wait for it.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   garywitt

garywitt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

I am just not having luck with directv lately. I work up yesterday to the new software...and a completely reset HR34. Everything gone, all recordings, all series links, all preferences, everything. First time I turned the HR34 on yesterday it told me that whole home dvr had been activated...I wondered why I was getting that message and then discovered everything had been reset...any thoughts on why this happened? I have not done a menu reset in weeks and there is no way I managed to hit reset everything in the menu...

As discussed on the MRV thread, I continue to have nonstop problems with receivers dropping off the network and recordings pausing frequently.

My parents are visiting from out of town, and asking why in the world I put up with this terrible reliability. I didn't have a answer....
LNB3 with SWM16
HR34,HR22,HR20,R22

#23 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

When you setup the Series Link for Hell's Kitchen did you do it as a "Far In Advance" deal? If so it appears as though the HR34 chose the national FOX feed, found in the 300's, and not your actual local FOX feed. That was a bug that's been reported in the past.

It may have been a bug in the past, which i didn't have.... until now. Wife and I sat down to watch the 2 Hour Hells Kitchen..No Dice. Black screen. Seems i was premature giving Kudos... Laag is back also. Hope the pause continue issue doesn't begin again or I am going to absolutely go postal. Why cant they fix something without trading it with other issues. Come on DTV, enough is enough..... Damn!!

#24 OFFLINE   CATCRAW

CATCRAW

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Got the new software update and although I never had any issues since install, it seems to be faster when toggling between stations.

#25 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

I am always skeptical about new SW but I would wait a couple days to see how it reacts, since its new and needs to populate.
Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 Deactivated
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#26 OFFLINE   derek21023

derek21023

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

I still do not have this update as of 7:43PM eastern time on March 14th. Has anyone else on the east coast received this?

#27 OFFLINE   oenophile

oenophile

Godfather

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

So I moved recently from 2 HR24's to an HR34. I love it. But one thing I've noticed (ON THIS RELEASE; but not sure if on prior releases because I didn't have the prior release for very long) --

When I fast forward at 2x or 3x, it sometimes skips images more than the HR24 did. Meaning, I do not see it come out of commercial until much later than the HR24's. What used to happen is I'd hit play on the HR24 out of a commercial after a 3x FF, and it would skip back to right about where the commercial ended. Sometimes it would go a teeny too far, but that would be correctable with a single replay click. AND, and this is key, when I missed it before I would have actually seen the images ending the commercial, I just wouldn't have reacted quickly enough. NOW the images just never appear. The first images are well after the commercial ends -- I need to push the reply button about 3 times or sometimes even 5-8 times to get back to the end of the commercial.

This is frustrating.

Anyone else notice this?:confused:
D* Subsc. '99
HR34 Genie + Client; Onkyo TX-NR5008; Harmony 900

#28 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

oenophile, it has been noted previously that the HR34 doesn't scan as well as other DVRs. It's my feeling that this new release is actually better than previous versions in x2 and x3 but I will also agree it doesn't operate the same as a HR2x DVR.

I find the 4x scan on a HR34 practically useless. Again, it's better now than with previous software. In the past you might end up ± 7 minutes from where you wanted to end up when you dropped out of 4x. Now it stops pretty close to the last image on the screen but at that scanning speed, that's not good enough. About the only time 4x can be used is a golf match. You'll end up on the hole the leaders are on but good luck finding the putt you wanted to watch.

You would think that the implementing the scanning code would be a relatively cut and dry matter by now but apparently it isn't.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#29 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

....You would think that the implementing the scanning code would be a relatively cut and dry matter by now but apparently it isn't.

+1!!!!!!!!!!!

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#30 OFFLINE   Bajanjack

Bajanjack

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

So I moved recently from 2 HR24's to an HR34. I love it. But one thing I've noticed (ON THIS RELEASE; but not sure if on prior releases because I didn't have the prior release for very long) --

When I fast forward at 2x or 3x, it sometimes skips images more than the HR24 did. Meaning, I do not see it come out of commercial until much later than the HR24's. What used to happen is I'd hit play on the HR24 out of a commercial after a 3x FF, and it would skip back to right about where the commercial ended. Sometimes it would go a teeny too far, but that would be correctable with a single replay click. AND, and this is key, when I missed it before I would have actually seen the images ending the commercial, I just wouldn't have reacted quickly enough. NOW the images just never appear. The first images are well after the commercial ends -- I need to push the reply button about 3 times or sometimes even 5-8 times to get back to the end of the commercial.

This is frustrating.

Anyone else notice this?:confused:

Exactly whast I've posted on previously. I've also found that it's even worse when using MRV with the HR34 as the client and my HR24-500 as the server....the "jump back" is non existent....sometimes even going forward
HR34-700, HR20-700, HR21-100,HR24-500,H24-100, R16-300

#31 OFFLINE   oenophile

oenophile

Godfather

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

Exactly whast I've posted on previously. I've also found that it's even worse when using MRV with the HR34 as the client and my HR24-500 as the server....the "jump back" is non existent....sometimes even going forward

oenophile, it has been noted previously that the HR34 doesn't scan as well as other DVRs. It's my feeling that this new release is actually better than previous versions in x2 and x3 but I will also agree it doesn't operate the same as a HR2x DVR.
You would think that the implementing the scanning code would be a relatively cut and dry matter by now but apparently it isn't.

Thanks. What a bummer. Wonder if it is a patent/license issue or if it is a hardware problem. It simply can't be lack of programming code/skills -- they've done this before and the o/s is the same, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Well, I guess I can confirm the issue is still present in this release.

Darn.
:blackeye:
D* Subsc. '99
HR34 Genie + Client; Onkyo TX-NR5008; Harmony 900

#32 OFFLINE   dhaze

dhaze

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

Don't quite understand what is up with my HR34. The latest firmware shows to be 0x05FD. Have I missed the last two updates, or is this not a nationwide rollout? Anybody know what is up with that?
HR34-700, HR24-200, H24-100, H23-600; 50" Vizio Plasma 720p, 40" Samsung LCD 1080p, 37" LG LCD 1080p, 32" Vizio LCD 1080p; Choice Ultimate + HD Extra Pack & WHDVR, Slimline-3, DECA, CCK

#33 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Don't quite understand what is up with my HR34. The latest firmware shows to be 0x05FD. Have I missed the last two updates, or is this not a nationwide rollout? Anybody know what is up with that?

Must be a SLOW rollout. I rec'd the update 067C, a couple weeks ago, then last week,on the 11th I think, I rec'd 067E, which I am currently on. 05FD still shows in the stream, but overnite 067E was in the stream. Can only assume you'll get it when your number is up. There is no way to force it to download if it is not in the stream.

#34 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

Finally got it this morning. Was updated from 0x5FD

#35 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

My HR34 got 67e @ 2:51 A. M. today.
First observation is that the TO-DO was completely in tact @ 6:00 A. M.
For quite a long time after a RBR the box would take several hours to repopulate the TO-DO list.

Who knows, if a menu RBR is forced it may still take hours to repopulate.

Also My DirecTV (blank) says comeback later and we'll have shows listed or something like that. Not a problem, never use it just pass through going to another function.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-100 AM21N
HR21-200

#36 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

It appears that this 67e is now the true NR. It is still in the stream for downloads at this time.

#37 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 729 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Since you're in the Eastern time zone you'll be the last to get it.
Apparently it just hit Central last night, so you will be next.
Patience!
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#38 OFFLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'm in the EST and received it early AM today!

#39 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

The one thing I really like about 0x067e is that it is so fast. I was so surprised. For me, the problems that remain from previous software versions are:

1. That infernal prompt when you change channels that says TO RECORD THIS EPISODE, PRESS R ON YOUR REMOTE is still there. Try to get it DTV -- I say that if my RECORDING TIPS are turned off, that annoying prompt should not appear! It only slows things down because you have to press a button on the remote to get it to disappear before the next remote command will work.

2. The highlight still often jumps off to the left to cover the station info when I scroll up or down through the guide. There is absolutely no reason for that.

3. Sometimes the FFWD > PLAY > AUTO-REWIND feature works, sometimes it doesn't. In fact, most of the time it doesn't. I wish it worked 100% consistently like it faithfully does on my HR23 and HR24.

4. Sometimes FFWD produces a freeze frame.

5. Sometimes when I go from the tuner to a recording and then back to the tuner, the tuner's buffered memory will be erased.

#40 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

2. The highlight still often jumps off to the left to cover the station info when I scroll up or down through the guide. There is absolutely no reason for that.

3. Sometimes the FFWD > PLAY > AUTO-REWIND feature works, sometimes it doesn't. In fact, most of the time it doesn't. I wish it worked 100% consistently like it faithfully does on my HR23 and HR24.

4. Sometimes FFWD produces a freeze frame.

Sounds like your remote is on the fritz. I'm not seeing any of these issues on my HR34. Do you have another remote you can try?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

spam firewall