Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mad Men hires 1960's Illustrator

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,433 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Posted Image

The "poster" above is from an interesting article 'Mad Men' Hires '60s Illustrator For Its Season 6 Poster at Yahoo TV. But the story seems to have come from a NY Times story ‘Mad Men’ Draws On an Original.

Many ...well... some of us are looking forward to the start of Season 6 of "Mad Men" premiering April 7. I am particularly happy the Dish and AMC settled there differences so I won't miss any episodes.

Also, Yahoo TV offers a slide show of photos taken during the Season 6 shooting. Some of them may be spoilers though I couldn't figure anything out.

In case you need a refresher here's the thread on the last episode Mad Men: "The Phantom" OAD 6/10/12 ***SPOILERS***. Yep, it's been that long.

Edited by phrelin, 12 March 2013 - 12:42 PM.
add link to last episode

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Saw that poster on a bus shelter here in Los Angeles last night as I was driving past, but since I was really only seeing it out of the corner of my eye, it didn't even register with me that it was an illustration and not a photo. Guess I'll have to take a closer look next time I go by.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#3 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Most of those gallery pix are just studio-posed dress-up party promo shots, not production stills.

I can't wait, either. The toughest challenge for the costumer and stylist is to represent actual duds and hairdos from the mid-to-late 60's without everyone appearing distractingly silly. It's a real problem for stories from that time zone. Films from that period are hard to watch just for that reason alone.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...