Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NBC restructured schedule - "Smash" to Saturday

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

Loved it.

We rarely watch a show twice, but we watched it again last night and actually picked up a couple of early references to the meaning of "The Love I Meant To Say" I  missed first time around.

It was wonderful!  But I still want to see Karen sing!!!  Seriously, she is the star, along with Ivy.  And it has been weeks since they featured her.

I hear ya. Thank goodness Jeremy Jordan's as good as he is. My only criticism of the episode was Tom singing Billy Joel. Could have done without that. Instead, I would have enjoyed hearing Karen sing something explaining why she couldn't hook up with Derek, rather than letting us find out later that she didn't.

/steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

That's what happens when you have more talent than air time.  

I was amazed at Tom's wonderful rendition of Billy Joel's "Vienna".

They are all so good!

:lol: Different strokes. I love Tom's piano playing, but not his voice!

/steve

#23 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

:lol: Different strokes. I love Tom's piano playing, but not his voice!

I loved everything about that number ... the piano-playing, the voice, the song ... the moment.

How does the saying go? ... "different strokes for different folks"? :smoking: 

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#24 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

[...] I would have enjoyed hearing Karen sing something explaining why she couldn't hook up with Derek, rather than letting us find out later that she didn't.

That only matters if you try to follow the myriad story-lines. I chose to ignore them and just enjoy the music.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#25 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

That only matters if you try to follow the myriad story-lines. I chose to ignore them and just enjoy the music.

Totally agree with that sentiment for last week's episode, with Ivy's  Don't Forget Me and the Karen/Ivy That's Life duet. This week, however, I think the story-line made Jimmy's song at the end that much more poignant (for me) than it would have been hearing it out of context.

/steve

#26 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

Totally agree with that sentiment for last week's episode, with Ivy's  Don't Forget Me and the Karen/Ivy That's Life duet. This week, however, I think the story-line made Jimmy's song at the end that much more poignant (for me) than it would have been hearing it out of context.

Story-line, schmory-line ...they can give it to me anyway they want ... I'll just soak it up.  :righton:

I try not to compare episodes, but I agree with you in that last week's was ... special.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#27 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

In case you missed, NBC made it official. No Smash next year.

Looks like there are 3 more episodes in the can, including tonight's "The Transfer". Wikipedia shows the last two airing back-to-back on Sunday, 5/26. "The Nominations" and "The Tonys".

/steve

#28 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Watched the two-hour Finale last night (had it in the can).  I'm sure going to miss this show.  The music was unforgettable.

• Steve and Bronxiniowa like this
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#29 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Watched the two-hour Finale last night (had it in the can). I'm sure going to miss this show. The music was unforgettable.

+1. They wrapped up the story line nicely, IMO, and that Kat-Megan duet was a great way to end it.
  • Bronxiniowa likes this
/steve

#30 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,524 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

MY HR44 is crapping out all this week.  It recorded 19 minutes of the 2 hours.  I didn't notice this until I tried to play it, which it failed to do anyway, but after multiple attempts to fast forward through frozen spots, I finally realized it is only 19 minutes.  I looked in their VOD channel, and I don't see it yet.  I am ANGRY!! :bang

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#31 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

MY HR44 is crapping out all this week.  It recorded 19 minutes of the 2 hours.  I didn't notice this until I tried to play it, which it failed to do anyway, but after multiple attempts to fast forward through frozen spots, I finally realized it is only 19 minutes.  I looked in their VOD channel, and I don't see it yet.  I am ANGRY!! :bang

Sure hope you get to see it.  It is "must see TV". :unsure:

• Bronxiniowa likes this
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#32 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

+1. They wrapped up the story line nicely, IMO, and that Kat-Megan duet was a great way to end it.

I'm hoping another network picks it up.  It would be a shame to let all of that talent just wander off.

• Bronxiniowa likes this
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#33 ONLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

They ended it well. I doubt that another network will give it a shot.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#34 OFFLINE   Bronxiniowa

Bronxiniowa

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

There are possible story line pickups, however. See the interview with Josh Safran here.

And Supramom, our DVR recording crapped out at the last commercial! Try NBC.com.

#35 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,237 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

This is one of those short run series I'll probably end up having on DVD ... and yes, the ending was good.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#36 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

This is one of those short run series I'll probably end up having on DVD ... and yes, the ending was good.

Yes. Me too.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#37 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:39 AM

Looks like Hit List lives, if only for a few days: http://www.nytimes.c...?src=rechp&_r=0

• Henry likes this
/steve

#38 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

Looks like Hit List lives, if only for a few days: http://www.nytimes.c...?src=rechp&_r=0

As one theater nerd ... I wish I could be there.  I guess it's a foregone conclusion that it won't be televised.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#39 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,524 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

What does the link say?  When I click on it, I get a New York Times page that wants me to subscribe.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#40 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

What does the link say?  When I click on it, I get a New York Times page that wants me to subscribe.

It took me straight to the article.  I just tried it again and it worked.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...