Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Episode Numbers are incorrect

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Centex99

Centex99

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

It seems on multiple shows my Hopper has incorrect episode numbers... any idea what's causing this? Its the new hopper with sling running S304...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

It seems on multiple shows my Hopper has incorrect episode numbers... any idea what's causing this? Its the new hopper with sling running S304...

It's not just the Hopper. This has been the case with DISH for years. Just go with the flow and follow the airdates or check show websites for episode titles, etc.

#3 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Welcome to the Wonderful World of DISH. Episode Numbers, Original Show Dates, Episode Information, Timers firing off on the word "New" for "News" in descriptions and many more things that DTV and Comcast don't have. Consider yourself lucky. The other night they showed our local 9 off the air and it was on with a special SNL. DISH was the only guide that was showing it. Once they lose Tribune things will be great. Until then, get used to it.

#4 OFFLINE   charlesrshell

charlesrshell

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

Welcome to the Wonderful World of DISH. Episode Numbers, Original Show Dates, Episode Information, Timers firing off on the word "New" for "News" in descriptions and many more things that DTV and Comcast don't have. Consider yourself lucky. The other night they showed our local 9 off the air and it was on with a special SNL. DISH was the only guide that was showing it. Once they lose Tribune things will be great. Until then, get used to it.

What do you mean losing Tribune? Thanks

Dish 1000+ / Dish 500 / SIRIUS Radio / OTA Terrestrial Digital DB4 / 26 dB Pre-Amp / SlingBox 500
119 / 110 / 61.5 / 118.7 / 129 / DPP44x2 / Duo Nodex2  /  Hopper w/Slingx4 / Joeyx1 / 500G WD My DVR Expander EHDx2

AEP HD / Xtsy / Multi-Sport / Blockbuster@Home / International Basic / Italian Raitalia / Heartland / Outdoor Sports
50" Samsung HD LED / 50" Panasonic HD Plasma / 50" Vizio HD LED / 40" Samsung HD LED / 32" Vizio HD LCD

#5 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

I have been tracking this for many many years the all the guide problems and thus timers, are due to inaccurate information from Tribune Broadcasting/Zap2It that DISH uses for the Guide and programming information. And they know it's the source of most of our problems. This I have confirmed with many "working level" DISH people.

Even our local stations use TitanTV (very accurate and one of many I have used to verify info) on their websites for their channel listings. If only DISH would, our lives would be so much better and I wouldn't have to spend more time dinking with timers or trying to find encore broadcasts than actually watching what does get accurately recorded.

#6 OFFLINE   charlesrshell

charlesrshell

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

I have been tracking this for many many years the all the guide problems and thus timers, are due to inaccurate information from Tribune Broadcasting/Zap2It that DISH uses for the Guide and programming information. And they know it's the source of most of our problems. This I have confirmed with many "working level" DISH people.

Even our local stations use TitanTV (very accurate and one of many I have used to verify info) on their websites for their channel listings. If only DISH would, our lives would be so much better and I wouldn't have to spend more time dinking with timers or trying to find encore broadcasts than actually watching what does get accurately recorded.

OK, thanks. So do you know when Dish is going to switch to TitanTV or something else?

Dish 1000+ / Dish 500 / SIRIUS Radio / OTA Terrestrial Digital DB4 / 26 dB Pre-Amp / SlingBox 500
119 / 110 / 61.5 / 118.7 / 129 / DPP44x2 / Duo Nodex2  /  Hopper w/Slingx4 / Joeyx1 / 500G WD My DVR Expander EHDx2

AEP HD / Xtsy / Multi-Sport / Blockbuster@Home / International Basic / Italian Raitalia / Heartland / Outdoor Sports
50" Samsung HD LED / 50" Panasonic HD Plasma / 50" Vizio HD LED / 40" Samsung HD LED / 32" Vizio HD LCD

#7 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

OK, thanks. So do you know when Dish is going to switch to TitanTV or something else?

Unfortunately I have been told it'll never happen. But we can pray!!! Or "something" could happen that "persuades" them to change? Until recently there has been little comment on it and every time I made mention I would get flamed. Now more recently I have seen others making mention and it is being discussed without the ridicule I got. So maybe it may get some new traction and we get some positive results. Fingers and every thing else crossed.

#8 OFFLINE   charlesrshell

charlesrshell

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

Unfortunately I have been told it'll never happen. But we can pray!!! Or "something" could happen that "persuades" them to change? Until recently there has been little comment on it and every time I made mention I would get flamed. Now more recently I have seen others making mention and it is being discussed without the ridicule I got. So maybe it may get some new traction and we get some positive results. Fingers and every thing else crossed.

OK, thanks again.

#9 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

It is annoying and I found a great mobile app called Series Guide for my tablet and phone that helps me keep track of episodes, etc. It's free but still not as convenient as if the episode numbers on E*'s guide were accurate but it's the best alternative I've found so far.

Here's the link to the app in the Play Store:

https://play.google....yaWVzZ3VpZGUiXQ..

#10 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 472 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Definitely not a new issue and not a Hopper-only problem. Hell this has been going on since the DVR 625 days. Like it or lump it, unfortunately.

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#11 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

One of the first things I noticed after switching from D* to E* was the bad guide. The D* guide has better descriptions and casts and is timed more accurately than E*s. Shows on FX, for example, that started or ended 2 minutes before or after the half hour were displayed and recorded correctly on D* without having to modify start and stop times. I wish Dish would use that or a similar guide.

2H/1J

#12 OFFLINE   charlesrshell

charlesrshell

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

One of the first things I noticed after switching from D* to E* was the bad guide. The D* guide has better descriptions and casts and is timed more accurately than E*s. Shows on FX, for example, that started or ended 2 minutes before or after the half hour were displayed and recorded correctly on D* without having to modify start and stop times. I wish Dish would use that or a similar guide.

WOW, that is sweet.

#13 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

but the price for better guide is more ads - see a thread where ppl upsetting by that

Edited by P Smith, 15 March 2013 - 10:09 AM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...