Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Replace 622 with 722k

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   2Newfs

2Newfs

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

I have been a satisfied Dish customer for many many years. I currently have two 622's for two TV's. The 622 hooked up to my surround sound has a defective optical audio connector. The connector has come loose and the cable won't stay in. I'm thinking about seeing if Dish will replace it. Has anyone ever talked Dish into replacing a 622 with a 722k without having to sign another contract? I believe this will be my 5th post so I might be able to PM a Dish rep now.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,981 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Call CSR, arrange swap to good one, when tech will arrive bribe him for 722k, by dish logistic 622, 722 & 722k are the same in HD Dual DVR clause

#3 OFFLINE   CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network

AllStar

• DISH Representative
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

I apologize for the issue you're experiencing with your 622 receiver. As P Smith has stated, the 622, 722 and 722k are all grouped together because they are all HD Duo DVRs. We can send you a new receiver but it will not be a guarantee that you will receive one of the VIP722 receivers. If there is anything else that I can assist you with please send me a PM, I am happy to help!
Cheri Torres
Social Media Representative
Cheri.Torres@Dish.com

#4 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

If you use OTA, the 722k does not come with an OTA tuner, you must buy one for $50, but it gives you 2 OTA tuners.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#5 OFFLINE   2Newfs

2Newfs

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

If you use OTA, the 722k does not come with an OTA tuner, you must buy one for $50, but it gives you 2 OTA tuners.

I had forgotten that point. I thought The 722 would allow me to get the sling adapter and maybe stay off contract. It now seems I would be better off putting my money towards the new Hopper with sling technology. Since I plan to stay with Dish, a new contract is not that big of deal.

#6 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

I agree with P Smith. If you have Dish mail you a replacement you'll get a 622 (they always ship same for same). If you schedule a tech visit you'll get whatever the installer has on the truck, which chances are won't be a 622 since they haven't made them in years. Every once in a while we'll get a pallet of remanufactured 622's to use up, but I haven't seen any for over 6 months (in my area at least). Of course, nothing is guaranteed, but this is your best shot at getting an slight upgrade without signing a new contract. Worst case if all he has are 622's, you'll get at least have a working receiver again, and can still save your pennies for a Hopper upgrade later. Just remember to archive anything off to a hard drive you want to keep and write your timers down before he gets there.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...