Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

SEC to announce launch of TV network in mid-April

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,543 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

Great, yet another sports network D* won't carry.

I think they'll carry it. This is the $EC and their fans are completely different than any conference, especially for football.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

Cool Man

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,002 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

SEC Network announcement details.

#23 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,663 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

I think they'll carry it. This is the $EC and their fans are completely different than any conference, especially for football.

Not if Mike White has his way, he'll want it in the sports tier, like Pac 12 Network, and ESPN will say no. Then they'll hold out until SEC lowers their price, or enough people leave and D* caves in. ;)

But who knows at this point. I just wish these new sports channels wouldn't rely on distribution from just the major providers, but instead also allow for a subscription via the internet or cell service without having to have a subscription to cable or satellite. But of course its all about the money.

spam firewall