Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722 rebooting every 5 min.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

My 722 starting rebooting itself this morning. It will not stay on 5 min without going into a reboot cycle.

I unplugged the receiver for a hour and it still reboots every 5 minutes.
I also changed to a different 120v receptacle and still reboots constantly.

Is there anything else I can try or is this Receiver in need of a replacement?

This Receiver sets out in the open; nothing hot around it.

Thxs in advance for advice
Smackman THE KING OF SMACK: Dish Customer since 2000
VIP 722

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network

Mentor

• DISH Representative
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

I am very sorry about this issue and would be happy to help! Is your receiver plugged into a surge protector? If so, please try plugging it directly into the wall. If this does not resolve the issue please send me a PM with your account information so that I can assist you further. Thanks!
Cheri Torres
Social Media Representative
Cheri.Torres@Dish.com

#3 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

I am very sorry about this issue and would be happy to help! Is your receiver plugged into a surge protector? If so, please try plugging it directly into the wall. If this does not resolve the issue please send me a PM with your account information so that I can assist you further. Thanks!

It does not have a surge protector;plugged directly into wall receptacle.

It did this rebooting all day Friday until I unplugged it again. I tried it 8 hours later and it lasted 45 min. I left it off until Sat. morning, plugged it up and it lasted maybe a hour. I went to tee ball practice at 10 AM and left it unplugged until 6 PM Saturday night. We wanted to watch show #7 of the following before #8 came on at 8 on Fox.
It has not rebooted since. Go figure....:confused:

I called Dish Friday morning and another 722 is on the way. All my recordings will be gone; I do not have a recording device. How much does a recorder cost and where is the best place to buy it?
VIP 722

#4 OFFLINE   CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network

Mentor

• DISH Representative
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

It did this rebooting all day Friday until I unplugged it again. I tried it 8 hours later and it lasted 45 min. I left it off until Sat. morning, plugged it up and it lasted maybe a hour. I went to tee ball practice at 10 AM and left it unplugged until 6 PM Saturday night. We wanted to watch show #7 of the following before #8 came on at 8 on Fox.

I called Dish Friday morning and another 722 is on the way. All my recordings will be gone; I do not have a recording device. How much does a recorder cost and where is the best place to buy it?

I am glad you were able to get a new receiver sent out. Are you wanting an external hard drive or are you looking for something else? I apologize about the confusion on my part.
Cheri Torres
Social Media Representative
Cheri.Torres@Dish.com

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,704 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Use any usb 2.0 enclosure with a drive inside for move your events to the EHD, later on new DVR will be able to play these.

Also check internal temperature of your DVR (search "counters temperature" to how-to).

#6 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

Use any usb 2.0 enclosure with a drive inside for move your events to the EHD, later on new DVR will be able to play these.

Also check internal temperature of your DVR (search "counters temperature" to how-to).

High temp. 138
low temp 77
average temp 113

This Receiver has not rebooted itself in 40 hours. Before that, I t would freeze and reboot every 3-5 minutes. This was all day Friday and a half day Saturday.

I guess I will go ahead and replace it when the replacement gets here Tuesday. This Receiver sits out in the open with nothing around it in a 68-73 degree room.
VIP 722

#7 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

High temp. 138
low temp 77
average temp 113

This Receiver has not rebooted itself in 40 hours. Before that, I t would freeze and reboot every 3-5 minutes. This was all day Friday and a half day Saturday.

I guess I will go ahead and replace it when the replacement gets here Tuesday. This Receiver sits out in the open with nothing around it in a 68-73 degree room.

JMO-the low and average are just about meaningless since it sounds like it's been unplugged quite a bit. I hope the replacement works well for you

#8 OFFLINE   speedboat

speedboat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

I seem to have the same problem and I'm convinced it is related to the OTA tuner.

I was blaming the many upgrades I seemed to get back in December, but lately the consistant theme seems to be the OTA tuner.

Here is what I see....

If I'm watching satellite, and enter in a OTA tuner, the 722 will often reboot itself, returning to the last satellite channel I watched. If I enter the OTA or another OTA channel again, it will reboot again. This will continue until I pull the power plug for 10 seconds to reset. It will then work again for a few days.

If I'm on an OTA channel when this process starts, it just repeatedly reboots every 5 minutes! Until, I pull the power cord, then I'm good for a couple days.

Did one of these December updates break the OTA tuner?

spam firewall