Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DTV new cust. installation

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kakarotyaaj

kakarotyaaj

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Guy and gal,
I'm ditching Xfinity com**** due to the so call service charge(analog to digital adapter) that they just implemented this year it use to be free but not anymore.
The charge is $1.99 for every single adapter/outlet.

My question to you subscriber is does DTV charge for outlet/box as well and if there is charges what is the amount on the box/outlet. I would like to compare the price before I commit to it. DTV seem to be a better deal with the extra package that I'm about to commit and getting 200 channel vs com**** 80 channel. I did call DTV but the sale person does know now what I'm referring too. I wil be getting 3 box the one main is Genie advance HD rec and two mini genie as you can see are there any other hidden charges to those boxes.
Thanks you for all your help

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,113 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

There is a $6 monthly charge per receiver/client but the first receiver is waived. In your case you would pay your programming package, an advanced receiver/DVR charge which I believe is $20 but I am not sure and $6 each for the 2 clients
My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

Remember that the $6 is regardless of receiver type. Comcast charges an arm and a leg for DVR's.

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

For example, if you have 4 tv's, you'd need a Genie, another dvr, receiver, or Genie client at every tv. Directv would charge you for your programming fees, and 3 additional fees of $6 per Directv box(regardless of whether its a dvr, receiver, or genie client) You have to think of each directv box as a "tuner for satellite recpetion", a tv cant tune to directv channels on its own like most can for when they are hooked up to an antenna. I believe one of the things that happened in your case is they eliminated the last of teh analog channel tier, or maybe they got rid of the last of their clear QAM stations, which means none of your tv's can tune them in anymore without a piece of hardware from your provider.

#5 OFFLINE   cabletech

cabletech

Legend

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

Also do not forget that there is a flat rate monthly charge for HD service.

So.. breakdown

Basic package--cost per reciever (6.00)--HD fee=total monthly fees

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,703 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Also do not forget that there is a flat rate monthly charge for HD service.

New customers get one "convenient" fee called Advanced Receiver Service of $25.00 a month which covers WHDVR, HD & DVR service.
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#7 ONLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

New customers get one "convenient" fee called Advanced Receiver Service of $25.00 a month which covers WHDVR, HD & DVR service.

And if you use autopay and e-bill, they take $10 off that price for the first 24 months.

#8 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,703 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

And if you use autopay and e-bill, they take $10 off that price for the first 24 months.

You mean paperless billing right……!rolling
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#9 ONLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

You mean paperless billing right……!rolling

It's labeled "AutoPay + eBill" right on my statement.

#10 OFFLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Registered
  • 245 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Don't mean to hijack a thread but I had a question on receiver billing also. I have an HR34, two HR23's and an H23 and just received my bill. They billed me for an Advanced Receiver fee of $10 and four receiver fees of $6ea. Then they rebated me $6 for the primary receiver! Is this correct? Are they basically charging me $16 a month for the HR34? Thanks.

#11 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Don't mean to hijack a thread but I had a question on receiver billing also. I have an HR34, two HR23's and an H23 and just received my bill. They billed me for an Advanced Receiver fee of $10 and four receiver fees of $6ea. Then they rebated me $6 for the primary receiver! Is this correct? Are they basically charging me $16 a month for the HR34? Thanks.

Each box of any type is $6/month, but your first one is free. They billed you correctly. They always bill for the first one, then rebate it. The $10 is the hd charge. You may be able to get that waived if you have automatic payments.

#12 OFFLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Registered
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

Each box of any type is $6/month, but your first one is free. They billed you correctly. They always bill for the first one, then rebate it. The $10 is the hd charge. You may be able to get that waived if you have automatic payments.

Thanks anyway but I figured out that they are now pulling the Advanced Receiver - DVR fee out of the base package and making it a separate line item charge.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...