Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Spell Checker for IE 32 and 64 bit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,842 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

The spell checker linked on our posts does not work for me using the 64 bit versions of IE.
I found this one, installed it and it works well so far. It works like checking the button in Fire Fox that says "check my spelling as I type". It will underline a misspelled word in red. You can then right click on the word and choose the correct spelling from a list, etc.

It is FREE.
Go to this place and see how it works, it is free.

Then click on downloads tab above the sample,
download and install.

http://www.speckie.com/home

I checked the website and the file with Norton Internet Security before working with it and it is clean.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,911 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

The spell checker linked on our posts does not work for me using the 64 bit versions of IE.
I found this one, installed it and it works well so far. It works like checking the button in Fire Fox that says "check my spelling as I type". It will underline a misspelled word in red. You can then right click on the word and choose the correct spelling from a list, etc.

It is FREE.
Go to this place and see how it works, it is free.

Then click on downloads tab above the sample,
download and install.

http://www.speckie.com/home

I checked the website and the file with Norton Internet Security before working with it and it is clean.

That's not really necessary. There's a member on this site who's a self proclaimed "Grammar Police" who goes around pointing out everyone's spelling and punctuation errors. :sure:

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,842 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

I have not met the "Grammar Police" person.
I know how to spell, but, since my stroke many years ago, I make a lot of typos and I prefer that my words are correct when I post something.
I like it. I have used it in my Yahoo Email, on another site for cars, in the Sports section of Yahoo making a post or replies to someone else's post there as well as here.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

That's not really necessary. There's a member on this site who's a self proclaimed "Grammar Police" who goes around pointing out everyone's spelling and punctuation errors. :sure:

:lol:

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

Protected By... spam firewall...And...