Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

R15 video problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steven-Nelms

Steven-Nelms

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

I had a SD Directv DVR w/Tivo that died. Directv sent me a replacement, a R15-300.
This SD DVR has a bad RF TV ch3-4 video signal. The composite video output has a Herringbone like effect on the Menus, Guide and List to the point you can’t read them from across the room.
This is on an old CRT TV but the picture quality is good but not the Menus etc. Do all R15’s have this problem?
Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,850 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

I had an R15 and the menu was good on it without the problems you describe.
Do you have other receivers ? Are they having a problem ?
It is possible that you do not have a good ground and the electrical supply is causing this problem.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

For troubleshooting purposes, I'd throw a different tv in at that location to see if the problem can be duplicated. If so, then it's an output problem from the R15.
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

Protected By... spam firewall...And...