Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is The 722k The Only DISH Receiver That Can Use Two Slinig Devices?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

As posted above, I am just wondering what, if any, DISH receivers would allow simultaneous streaming of TWO feeds to Sling equipped devices? Right now I have the 722k and I have both a DISH Sling Adapter and a Sling PRO-HD. The PRO-HD is TV 1 and the Sling Adapter is TV 2. I am just wondering what other DISH Receivers can also be used for TWO simultaneous Sling feeds?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Technically all the receivers with Sling Adapters or built-in Sling are capable of what you are asking. So that's 722/722k/922/Hopper/Hopper w/Sling.

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#3 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Thank you very much for the reply. I am not planning on making a move anytime soon, but it is good to know what options and capabilities are out there when and if I do make a change.

Are the 922/Hopper/Hopper w/Sling capable of the Over The Air optional tuner? It seems like the 922 is, but the Hoppers aren't, but that might be outdated information.

#4 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Thank you very much for the reply. I am not planning on making a move anytime soon, but it is good to know what options and capabilities are out there when and if I do make a change.

Are the 922/Hopper/Hopper w/Sling capable of the Over The Air optional tuner? It seems like the 922 is, but the Hoppers aren't, but that might be outdated information.

922 uses the MT2 just like the 722k for a total of 4 tuners (2 SAT and 2 OTA.)

Hopper uses an OTA dongle (USB) to add an OTA tuner for a total of 4 tuners (3 SAT and 1 OTA.) Then of course there's PTAT for Hopper.

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

spam firewall