Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

First real issue with hopper

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

I set up a timer for "Spurs" to record Spurs basketball games (90% of what I watch on TV). The first annoyance is that it elected to record duplicate SD and HD of the same exact program at the same time, consuming 2 tuners in the process. But I couldn't fix it while I was watching because the game was in progress and it'd cancel recording both of them.

Of course the second annoyance, coming from DirecTV for 3 years, is the PQ is horrible on the HD basketball games. I had a huge amount of buyer's remorse once I discovered that.

So I just watched half of the HD version of the game last night.

Then when I got up this morning to watch the rest, the "DVR" screen shows that there are "2" Spurs shows available. But when I select that, only one is listed. And the only one that's there is the SD.

Where is the 2nd recording? The one I already watched half of? The HD one?

BTW I can see both recordings when I log in using DIsh Anywhere. Watching the game now on my tablet.

Help!
Sling-enabled Hopper, Joey, RokuXD, coupla HDTVs, a real old DD5.1 receiver and a 1963 Fisher tube hifi

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,091 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Press the red button to reboot the system and see if that will help it find the second recording. The receiver is a computer ... sometimes they need a swift kick to wake them up.

#3 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

Press the red button to reboot the system and see if that will help it find the second recording. The receiver is a computer ... sometimes they need a swift kick to wake them up.

Red button on the receiver (not remote), right?

I have heard of recordings being deleted when you do this... any chance of that?

Man, only two days old and already having more problems than I ever had with the DTV HR24. Well, the features are super cool, in theory! :)
Sling-enabled Hopper, Joey, RokuXD, coupla HDTVs, a real old DD5.1 receiver and a 1963 Fisher tube hifi

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,091 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

The first couple of days can be rough. Not good for "first impressions" but it gets better.

#5 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

The first couple of days can be rough. Not good for "first impressions" but it gets better.

That's good to know. the red button reset didn't help, BTW. I just watched the game on my tablet.

After the reset it says there's no scheduled recordings. I seem to recall with my 622 it would often not have something on the schedule but it would actually record it. I guess we'll see :)

#6 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

I don't understand why you couldn't stop the SD recording. Go to that tuner and press stop and it should stop that one being its using a seperate tuner for it.

#7 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

I don't understand why you couldn't stop the SD recording. Go to that tuner and press stop and it should stop that one being its using a seperate tuner for it.

What I meant is I couldn't delete the timer while it was recording, since one timer was recording both shows.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...