Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722k TV 2 Content Via HDMI

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

We have a 722k and our main set is connected to the receiver via an HDMI cable. Is it possible to select TV 2 content and get it through the HDMI cable or do I need to get it via the F connector or composite/component cables?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,867 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

yes, if you'll buy a component-to-HDMI converter (eBay it), but it will works as a copy of TV1 HDMI output;

TV2 output possibly could be taken by buying Sling Adapter($30) and Sling Catcher ($??) with HDMI output using your home network

or call CSR and ask for upgrade to Hipper/Joye pair

Edited by P Smith, 17 March 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 661 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

i think what hes asking is if tv 2 can b seen in hd an the answer isno. tv 2 is sd only an can only b seen on the outputs labeled tv2 (rca analog video an coax). the hdmi ouput will only deliver signal from tv1.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#4 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

i think what hes asking is if tv 2 can b seen in hd an the answer isno. tv 2 is sd only an can only b seen on the outputs labeled tv2 (rca analog video an coax). the hdmi ouput will only deliver signal from tv1.

I think you are correct.
BTW-I have a 722k connected to a spare bedroom in the usual fashion, and using the YPbPr for a HD connection to the living room. Then I ran a long HDMI cable to another bedroom (and it shows whatever is being watched in the living room on the TV1 output)

#5 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 860 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

I think you are correct.
BTW-I have a 722k connected to a spare bedroom in the usual fashion, and using the YPbPr for a HD connection to the living room. Then I ran a long HDMI cable to another bedroom (and it shows whatever is being watched in the living room on the TV1 output)

I have a similar setup and was wondering how long an HDMI cable you used?
Mine is 25ft if I recall correctly.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#6 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

I think mine is 40'. I ran it through a heat duct to keep from have having to drill anymore holes thru the floors/walls

#7 OFFLINE   MrDave

MrDave

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

I have a pair of 622s and split the HDMI signal from each unit 4 ways using powered HDMI 4-way splitters. I then distribute those signals to 4 HDTVs scattered thruout the house (a total of 8 HDMI cables from 8 to 50 ft each). I've had no problems at all with any of the cables including the 50 footers. The splitters and cables were all purchased from Monoprice.com a few years back.

#8 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 860 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

I have a pair of 622s and split the HDMI signal from each unit 4 ways using powered HDMI 4-way splitters. I then distribute those signals to 4 HDTVs scattered thruout the house (a total of 8 HDMI cables from 8 to 50 ft each). I've had no problems at all with any of the cables including the 50 footers. The splitters and cables were all purchased from Monoprice.com a few years back.

I tried to split, using Monoprice powered splitters with no luck. Setup was a two way splitter at the 722 source, with one short line going to the 52inch flatpanel and the other going via a 25foot cable to my computer area and then split again to both of my PCs. Just couldn't get it to work reliably so gave up and modified a mechanical switch at the PC end to feed one or the other PCs.

Maybe I'll try again but I think the two splitter setup will probably be a no-go.

I still believe in magic
!

#9 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 860 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

I think mine is 40'. I ran it through a heat duct to keep from have having to drill anymore holes thru the floors/walls

And I thought I was pushing it with a 25footer....:sure:

I still believe in magic
!

#10 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,734 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

Is it possible to select TV 2 content and get it through the HDMI cable or do I need to get it via the F connector or composite/component cables?

Pretty much anything that is available to TV2 is available to TV1.

If you're looking for to get two different HD programs out of a ViP722K, the practical answer is that it is Hopper Time.

The ViP622, ViP722, ViP722K and ViP922 can only pump out one HD signal at at time (short of experimenting with a Sling session on a ViP722 or higher).

The agile modulator isn't equipped to do HD.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#11 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

And I thought I was pushing it with a 25footer....:sure:

I was told it wouldn't work... but I figured I would return the cable if it didn't. Right now, a 25' cable would've been the right length-but I thought I might want longer in the future

#12 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 661 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

My hdmi is a 50 footer, but I ran an hdmi and component between my MBR and REC rooms, that way I can connect both recievers from both locations to both TVs. I ran my wiring thru a chase, did hafta cut 1 small hole, which I covered w/ a double gang blank plate. 3 Coax an 1 cat5 for the component A/V, and 1 hdmi which IS a "Monster" cable. I wanted the quality. Depending on your TV, the cheap stuff is sometimes not reliable. Not all TVs are created equal, an some are more sensitve than others to cheap cable. You may get better mileage though, who knows.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#13 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

Over paying for the name "Monster" does not guarantee quality, only a smaller checkbook.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...