Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

odd issue with recording being split up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   psywzrd

psywzrd

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

So Saturday night/early Sunday morning I recorded the UFC Post Fight Show on Fuel HD (channel 618). It was a one-hour show that started at 2:00am and I did not buffer the recording at all. When I went to watch it the next day, I had 4 partial recordings - 2:00am-2:03am, 2:03am-2:04am, 2:04am-2:37am and 2:37am-3:00am. I called DirecTV about it and they couldn't explain it. This is not the first time that this has happened with this specific show either. I record many other shows on numerous different channels, but I've never had this issue with any other shows on any other channel.

Just for kicks, I recorded a one-hour show at 2:00am on the same channel last night on both of my DVRs and they recorded properly. This is an extremely odd problem.

Any ideas? This is on an HR21-100 if it makes a difference.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

When I get a program split up it's usually because of a short interruption in power but I've never had one spit into 4 parts.

#3 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,952 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

Were the parts seamless (by which I mean they fit together with no gaps or overlaps)? If there were gaps, the problem was likely short signal outages (why that would happen, I can't say). If they overlapped, it would mean the DVR was treating them as seperate recordings. If they were seamless, it would be very odd and point toward some "hiccup" (that's a technical term :) ) in the DVR software.

Dish Network Customer from 9/1998-11/2001
DirecTV Customer 10/2001 - 7/2014

FiOS TV/TiVo Customer since 6/2014
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
DirecTV: HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA

Protected By... spam firewall...And...