Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Channel Guide Order

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,547 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

I think, the real issue is which way you go with "up" or "down." Some people want to go "up" in channel number when you press the "up"/"page up" key, and down when you press down. The way the guide works, pressing "up" moves you up the screen, but down in channel number.

SOME people find that "confusing."

They don't look at the guide to see what is up and what is down?

Guess they get really confused on a computer with a mouse!

And calendars must really mess them up.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Did it ever occur to you that your standards and other's standards aren't the same, and more to the point, your's are no more valid than someone else's?

No. Next question.
DTV = Digital Television

#23 OFFLINE   moghedien

moghedien

Legend

• Registered
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Did it ever occur to you that your standards and other's standards aren't the same, and more to the point, your's are no more valid than someone else's?

Don't feed the trolls...

As to the OP's question, there is no way to change the channel order on current Directv receivers to descending like you can with Dish network receivers. The way Directv does this reminds me of the old non-interactive Prevue Channel...

#24 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

No. Next question.

I didn't think so. Why not?

#25 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

I use the quick guide and program the 9 channels which is better than scrolling up or down etc. I have about 100 channels which i watch in HD on my favorites. I program the quick guide for an easier way to get the channels/channel i want. Such as channel #2 (CBS) which includes the first 11 channels on the quick guide, i continue to program each of the 9 quick guide channels about 11 times. I have Max and Showtime, i use the quick guide for that, etc. I just press one button on the quick guide and 11 channels come up. Every channel on my quick guide is in numerical order, once you program the 9 quick guide channels it's just a walk in the park from there. I use the quick guide for everything.

#26 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,547 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

I use the quick guide and program the 9 channels which is better than scrolling up or down etc. I have about 100 channels which i watch in HD on my favorites. I program the quick guide for an easier way to get the channels/channel i want. Such as channel #2 (CBS) which includes the first 11 channels on the quick guide, i continue to program each of the 9 quick guide channels about 11 times. I have Max and Showtime, i use the quick guide for that, etc. I just press one button on the quick guide and 11 channels come up. Every channel on my quick guide is in numerical order, once you program the 9 quick guide channels it's just a walk in the park from there. I use the quick guide for everything.

You lost me. You use the quick guide and 11 channels come up? Isn't it only 9?
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#27 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,390 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Now I'm curious as well
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#28 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

OK, i have a hundred channels that i watch. On the quick guide there are 9 channels going from left to right, top to bottom. What i do is program the quick guide so that each of the 9 channels begin with the first # of the set, i start with the lowest channel for the first one all the way up to 9. So when i want to watch two groups of channels, let's say 3 and 8, i can then narrow my programming to a couple of channels on the opposite end of the spectrum. Once it's programmed i don't have to scan through 100 channels.

#29 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,125 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

OK, i have a hundred channels that i watch. On the quick guide there are 9 channels going from left to right, top to bottom. What i do is program the quick guide so that each of the 9 channels begin with the first # of the set, i start with the lowest channel for the first one all the way up to 9. So when i want to watch two groups of channels, let's say 3 and 8, i can then narrow my programming to a couple of channels on the opposite end of the spectrum. Once it's programmed i don't have to scan through 100 channels.

Still lost. Mostly because it sounds like you have an hirde86 which you could have multiple QuickTune sets and I can't figure out how that equates to an hr2x.

Unless, Are you saying that you program channel 2 in quicktune first, and then use the regular guide to surf between channel 2 and 11? And then say in the QuickTune program next channel 206 and use the regular guide for 206 through 221?

#30 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Still lost. Mostly because it sounds like you have an hirde86 which you could have multiple QuickTune sets and I can't figure out how that equates to an hr2x.

Unless, Are you saying that you program channel 2 in quicktune first, and then use the regular guide to surf between channel 2 and 11? And then say in the QuickTune program next channel 206 and use the regular guide for 206 through 221?

Yes. In my case there are 11 stations on each of my 9 quick guide stations in numerical order. Instead of scanning all 100 channels, i have them in numerical sequence in sets of 9 @ 11. My first channel is channel 2 (CBS), my last channel is 693 (Fox Sports). So i have multiple choices using the quick guide but in numerical sequence with makes it a lot easier and faster.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...