Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Question on Updating my RV to HR-34

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kniles

kniles

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Years ago I had a SK-3005 installed on my RV. Two lines ran to a DVR in the front of the RV through the roof and the other runs from the dish to the back of the RV on the roof. The fourth line was never used. All has worked fine for years but now I would like to update my system to a HR-34 and two C-31's. My question is will the new install work as is or do I need to reroute the line going to the back of my RV into the same area as the DVR to tie it into a new switch.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,567 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

The HR34 only works with Single Wire Multiswitch dish setups, which you don't have. You would need a SWM8 switch, power inserter and compatible SWM splitters to feed your HR34 and two C31 Clients. You can find all of that stuff at Solid Signal.

Or you *might* be able to swap that dish's LNB assembly with a SWM LNB assembly. Not sure, though. Other's here may know for sure. You would still need a power inserter and compatible SWM splitters.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   PokerJoker

PokerJoker

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Sorry but I don't think the SK-3005 will work with a SWM LNB head. It won't be able to aim itself.

I'm not sure that the SK3005 can be converted to SWM using an external SWM-8. That would need four cables from the dish to work. I've done this with a Motosat but never with a Winegard.

Winegard does now sell a SWM version of this dish (the SK-SWM3), which would be the way to go if the budget allows.

Keith

#4 OFFLINE   kniles

kniles

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

I think a better question is if I take all four lines from the SK-3005 and load them into a SWM-8 can I them install a HR-34 and make it work.

#5 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 806 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

I think a better question is if I take all four lines from the SK-3005 and load them into a SWM-8 can I them install a HR-34 and make it work.

Yes you can!
This is supported by Winegard.

http://www.winegard....oad/2452242.pdf
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

spam firewall