Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Whole Home issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TheFigurehead

TheFigurehead

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Yesterday, I noticed my H25 could no longer see the playlist on my HR34 or my HR20. Went ahead an restarted the H25 and the HR20 playlist came up, but not the HR34. At this point, the HR34 can't see the HR20, nor can it be seen by the H25 or HR20. I have had this setup over a year with no real issues with MRV. I am on NR's for all boxes. Kind of at a loss as to what else could be going on...

Here is my setup:

SL5 with 4 cables into a SWM16. HR34 cabled directly to SWM16 port. H25 and HR20 on a green splitter on the other SWM16 port. I have an ethernet cable from my Frontier DSL service connected to the HR34 and it appears that all the boxes are getting internet access from this. When I hit the dash on the HR34, it shows receiver number, SWM: Connected and Internet: Connected.

Any thoughts on what could be causing the issue?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   viclovr

viclovr

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

did u try resetting both hdvrs?

assuming all the irds are on the same ip address reseting the system should do it.

Edited by viclovr, 18 March 2013 - 09:46 PM.

I may not know as much as the experts but neither did the experts when they themselves were novices.

#3 OFFLINE   TheFigurehead

TheFigurehead

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Power cycled the HR20 and now everything seems to be back to normal. Not complaining... but strange. The HR20 is the oldest receiver I have... bought it from CC many years ago. If it does crap out, I might consider replacing it with a HD Tivo box.

Thanks for the reply!

#4 OFFLINE   viclovr

viclovr

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

i wouldnt recommend a tivo. they cant do mrv
I may not know as much as the experts but neither did the experts when they themselves were novices.

spam firewall