Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR44-500/700 Genie, 0x0696 - Issues/Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,973 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Why is the IR/RF setup option greyed out / disabled under the Remote Control menu on the HR44-500?

My father in law was recently installed with an HR44-500.  The tech did not have an RF remote with him that day and came back a few days later with the RC65RBX.  When I stopped over at his house tonight I came to find out the RF remote was operating in IR mode so I started to help him out.

Steps I took.

1)  Went to Menu -> Settings -> Remote Control -> but the IR/RF setup is disabled.

2) I followed the instructions that came with the remote.

Upon activating the RF transmitter in the remote, the HR44-500 stopped receiving signals from the remote.  If I deactivate the RF on the remote, the receiver / remote combo works fine.

Is the HR44-500 not RF capable or does it require a newer version of the RF remote?

Thanks!

Your problem is that you need the RC71 remote in order to use RF mode on the HR44, the older remotes only work in IR mode.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   hypractv

hypractv

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Your problem is that you need the RC71 remote in order to use RF mode on the HR44, the older remotes only work in IR mode.

Good deal!  Thanks!

#83 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,908 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Do note that the new remotes are setup differently from what he may be quite used to- some buttons "missing" and many rearranged, but many like the smaller size. While I prefer RF, so far no where is it mandatory at my home. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#84 OFFLINE   neteng

neteng

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Can the new RC71 remote power off my pioneer receiver?  I have it controlling the volume but don't see how to have it power off.  I have a vsx-23txh.

#85 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 803 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

Can the new RC71 remote power off my pioneer receiver?  I have it controlling the volume but don't see how to have it power off.  I have a vsx-23txh.

Nope, it can't.

DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#86 OFFLINE   neteng

neteng

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

Guess its a good thing the installer left me 3 of the older IR controllers then....  What an oversight on D's side.

Edited by neteng, 30 April 2013 - 10:26 PM.

spam firewall