Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP211k on Hopper/Joey Antenna?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   richierich32

richierich32

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Can the VIP211k be connected to the Hopper antenna as an extra receiver at home (for those times that someone is not traveling in their RV)? Just curious as I am considering buying the Tailgater but this could influence my decision. There are 2 questions here...is it technically possible (and if so, how) and is it permitted by Dish.

Thanks for your responses!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Are you asking about the USB OTA dongle attachment for the Hopper?

#3 OFFLINE   richierich32

richierich32

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Are you asking about the USB OTA dongle attachment for the Hopper?

No, I'm referring to the actual satellite dish.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

permitted if the STB included in your account

now if you will tell what cable you mean ?
from Solo node output coax taken by H's input ...

what LNBF you have / how many outputs from it ? do you have DPP44 ?
please make detail description of all the components to answer to your questions

Edited by P Smith, 20 March 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   richierich32

richierich32

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

permitted if the STB included in your account

new if you will tell what cable you mean ?
from Solo node output coax taken by H's input ...

what LNBF you have / how many outputs from it ? do you have DPP44 ?
please make detail description of all the components to answer to your questions

I am not really familiar with this equipment so i will do my best to describe my set up. The outside dish is a "dish hd" with a "Dp plus" Lnb. Two coax cables run to my basement where I have a "Solo Node" switch. The switch has two inputs from the satellite dish, one output to the "host" hopper and another output to the "client(s)".

I am a new member to this forum, so not sure if I can post pics or not. If I can, I could post some photos of my setup.

#6 OFFLINE   richierich32

richierich32

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

The Lnb is a three head with I believe four connectors. I googled it and believe it is the 1000.2 Lnb.

#7 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

The Lnb is a three head with I believe four connectors. I googled it and believe it is the 1000.2 Lnb.

then you'll need to run additional coax from LNBF to the 211k (be careful, one of these four connectors at LNBF is input for additional [side dish] LNBF), but only if it activated under your account (is it ?)

#8 OFFLINE   KySats

KySats

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationRichmond, KY

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

Yes you CAN use the 211 with the same dish as the Hopper/Joey.  The Dish has THREE connectors available and only two are being used fro the Hopper/Node connection.  Simply run a coax from the THIRD connection on the LNB to the ground block (DO NOT use the 4th connection), form the ground block to the receiver and you should be good to go... remember to run a check switch to confirm you are pointing at the correct satellites...

#9 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 866 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

I have a 211k and two Hoppers/one Joey running at home.  Since two Hoppers, and two separate dishes, I also have a DPP44 as P Smith mentioned and needed when you have a setup like mine.

I think it is preferred to have the 211 connected at home when not being used as a tailgater which means you will always know it is functioning ok for when you go tailgating and it will also receive updates of software/firmware when released.

I did get one of those calls from Dish having me verify that all receivers, Hoppers, Joey and 211 were present at my house.  I guess they wanted to make sure I wasn't account stacking.  Annoying to have to run around and give her the info from each unit.

I haven't seen anyone else complain about this and wonder why I was picked!

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...