Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to setup 222K using just one TV

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   clubjuice

clubjuice

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

Hi to everyone,

I have a 1.8m dish and a 222k receiver. I want to set it up using just one TV. I connected it using the triplexer that comes with it and it did not work and I also connected it running 2 RG6 from dish to receiver. In both cases when I turn the receiver on it goes to #3 setup out of 7 and after about 10 minutes it gives me a switch installation error. What is the correct way to connect this up and what may be causing the error?

Thanks for any assistance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

Hi to everyone,

I have a 1.8m dish and a 222k receiver. I want to set it up using just one TV. I connected it using the triplexer that comes with it and it did not work and I also connected it running 2 RG6 from dish to receiver. In both cases when I turn the receiver on it goes to #3 setup out of 7 and after about 10 minutes it gives me a switch installation error. What is the correct way to connect this up and what may be causing the error?

What are you using for a LNB? Why a 1.8 dish are you trying for 110/119/129 off that dish?

#3 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

Hi to everyone,

What error message are you getting? There should be a 3 digit number on the top right of the message.

#4 OFFLINE   clubjuice

clubjuice

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

What error message are you getting? There should be a 3 digit number on the top right of the message.

There is not an error code just the error message. My only reason for using this dish because it was given to me from a friend. He had Directv service and the LNB is the same one he was using for that service.

12.2-12.7 GHz output
950-1450 MHz Conversion

#5 OFFLINE   clubjuice

clubjuice

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

There is not an error code just the error message. My only reason for using this dish because it was given to me from a friend. He had Directv service and the LNB is the same one he was using for that service.

12.2-12.7 GHz output
950-1450 MHz Conversion

The Message error is:

"switch installation error" without any 3 digit code

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,746 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

12.2-12.7 GHz output
950-1450 MHz Conversion

wrong LNBF !

find on eBay three(two) dish's LNBF with DP logo, you'll need custom LNBF holder as your reflector is big and focal points far from it, so distance between LNBF will be wider (no standard 3xLNBF block from dish would works for your setup)
combine three(two) outputs thru DPP44 switch, then one cable to the triplexor and 222 IRD

two LNBF for 119/110 or 119/129(HD) sats
three: 119/110/129(HD)

Edited by P Smith, 21 March 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   clubjuice

clubjuice

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

wrong LNBF !

find on eBay three(two) dish's LNBF with DP logo, you'll need custom LNBF holder as your reflector is big and focal points far from it, so distance between LNBF will be wider (no standard 3xLNBF block from dish would works for your setup)
combine three(two) outputs thru DPP44 switch, then one cable to the triplexor and 222 IRD

two LNBF for 119/110 or 119/129(HD) sats
three: 119/110/129(HD)

Thanks for your assistance. I will purchase a new dish (1000.2w) and a new LNBF. That seems much easier to do.

Regards

#8 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,746 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

that is simple and easy ...

IMO, I'd like big dishes. If I would have 1.8m (it will give a best signal and shorter outage of signal during many Florida's storms and rainy days) I would make custom holder in a couple hours !

#9 OFFLINE   clubjuice

clubjuice

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

that is simple and easy ...

IMO, I'd like big dishes. If I would have 1.8m (it will give a best signal and shorter outage of signal during many Florida's storms and rainy days) I would make custom holder in a couple hours !

Hello P Smith,
I like your idea. I got my 1000.2w and is working fine but I think I wanna try using my 1.8m like you suggested. Can you supply any information on how to build a custom holder for 119, 110 and 129?

Thanks

spam firewall