Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Replacement Remote Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Registered
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Dish sent a replacement remote for our VIP222 after a chat in which ours was determined to be defective. Acted in the chat as though we'd have to return the old one. And in My Shipments a return shipment to Dish is pending. But on the box the new one came in it said if your remote was defective you do not need to return it. No RGA Number no shipping label. Email Dish and reply says yes, it must be returned. Anyone have any thoughts, ideas on this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,893 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

return and forget

#3 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

Dish sent a replacement remote for our VIP222 after a chat in which ours was determined to be defective. Acted in the chat as though we'd have to return the old one. And in My Shipments a return shipment to Dish is pending. But on the box the new one came in it said if your remote was defective you do not need to return it. No RGA Number no shipping label. Email Dish and reply says yes, it must be returned. Anyone have any thoughts, ideas on this?

Unless there were recent changes the CSR you chatted with was mistaken.
They never want the remote back lol.

#4 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

The DISH techs in the trucks in my area are pretty thorough about collecting extraneous remotes, but having said that, other than customers dropping their service and return kits are sent for receivers, power inserters, LNBs and remotes, I haven't encountered DISH wanting dead remotes back. LOL, it would not surprise me if they suddenly did, however.

BTW, I would NEVER suggest sending back a dead remote in lieu of a good one when helping a client switch from one service to the other and the provider sends a return kit.

:eek2:

#5 OFFLINE   tommiet

tommiet

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

Shipping cost on a remote is probably cost more than the remote itself. I end up replacing my remotes about once or twice a year. They just don't hold up to daily use.
**** HARDWARE *****
2 Dish Hoppers (Gave up trying to get a Joey to work)
VIZIO 55” and 48" TruLED LCD 3D HDTV with VIZIO
JVC HDI RX-D402B Receiver
2 SLINGBOX PRO'S

Protected By... spam firewall...And...