Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

blockbuster at home?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dttruax

dttruax

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Just realized on my bill that I'm being charged for Blockbuster @ home. What exactly am I getting for that $10? From what I can tell, I can have DVD's sent to me, etc., but I already use Netflix for that. Besides that and the 3500+ "free" movies I can stream via my DVR screen (which I am still up in the air as to whether I will even view any of those since most of them are pretty old), what else is included? Just wanting to find if the extra $10/month is worth it before I cancel the service.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

There are some channels you get with BB@Home. Scroll down the page that comes up from the following link & you'll see what they are:
http://www.mydish.co...svl=blockbuster

#3 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

IMO, the blockbuster package is worth it just for the channels it includes, about 20 of them, mostly movie channels (including Epix). The DVD's and streaming is just a bit of extra gravy. The channels are between 361 and 388 on your guide.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#4 OFFLINE   dttruax

dttruax

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

There are some channels you get with BB@Home. Scroll down the page that comes up from the following link & you'll see what they are:
http://www.mydish.co...svl=blockbuster

Thanks. We do watch a lot of those movie channels from time to time. Guess we need to decide if it's worth the $10/month.

#5 OFFLINE   Mojoe376

Mojoe376

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Yes, As others have said you are really paying for the other channels. Blockbuster is a so called freebee! But with that being said I would keep my Netflix. I have both and there is no comparison. NetFlix out performs blockbuster 7 to 1.

#6 OFFLINE   sregener

sregener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

I stopped paying for Blockbuster@Home when my fourth Blu-Ray in a row failed to play properly. At a movie/week, I figured I was paying double what RedBox costs me, and I've never had a problem playing a RedBox disc. The movie channels weren't worth much to me, I think I watched 3 movies on Epix in 4 months.

#7 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

Thanks. We do watch a lot of those movie channels from time to time. Guess we need to decide if it's worth the $10/month.

Well I'm on my 2nd round of getting BB for 1/2 price f/6 months. I do like the channels, but since I have NO interest in DVD's &/or other streaming, it would NOT be worth $10/month for me. I told them this when I was going to shut it off, & they gave me the 1/2 price deal again.

#8 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 990 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Typically when BluRays don't play it is because they are dirty, they seem to be much more sensitive than standard DVDs most likely due to the tighter laser tracking required. I have had a number of disks from BB that do not play or that hang up in the middle. The solution is to pull them out and look at the disk to see if it has greasy finger prints. A gentle washing with warm water and a drop of dishwashing soap cleans them up followed by drying with a lint free towel. In the end they all played faultlessly after cleaning.
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

spam firewall