Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No Internet (HR-21-700)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Red Orc

Red Orc

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Is there any reason why the internet on A HR-21-700 would suddenly stop working?
It was working fine the day before yesterday but today I tried to download an on demand show and the receiver keeps telling me that it can't connect to the internet.
It says Result Code 86-515.
The DVR was connected directly to my Asus wireless router and it was working just fine like that two days ago.

I tried plugging it into my Cisco 8 port switch and it didn't work in that configuration either.
My computer is connected to the Cisco switch and the internet works just fine on it.
My laptop is connected to the Asus wireless router via ethernet cable and the internet works fine on it.

Any ideas what could be causing this sudden failure?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   b52pooh

b52pooh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Restore your original configuration. In other words, plug the cables back where they were when everything was working. Go into your menu on the HR21. Go to settings, network setup, and you should have a selection that says either "connect now" or "test connections". If it says "test connections" then go to the botton of that menu and select "restore defaults." Press select. The receiver will go back to this menu and it should say "connect now" at the top of the list. Go ahead and select "Connect now." It should come back with "congratulations, you are connected to the network."

spam firewall