Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q2-13 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
750 replies to this topic

#361 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Is TV ONE owned by Comcast//Universal NBC?

It is co-owned by Radio One and NBCUniversal, but I do not now how large a stake each has in the network..

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#362 OFFLINE   YUMA11

YUMA11

AllStar

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Any good news?

#363 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 935 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Any good news?

After the April 15 addition of Bloomberg Television HD, it's become quiet.

I think we, in general, don't anticipate any new linear HD getting added until the arrival of July 1. That will mark the beginning of the third quarter of 2013.

My list, @ #335, of what I'm anticipating at that point going forward is applicable throughout 2013 and prior to the successful launch of D14 in 2014. The list is subject to change.

Right now, I consider the listed 15 with the following ranked order of confidence.

01. Style Network HD

02. Encore Drama HD

03. The Hub HD

04. Comcast SportsNet Houston HD

05. RetroPlex HD

— IndiePlex HD

07. Pac-12 Network HD (primary)

08. MTV2 HD

09. Fuse HD

10. Reelz Channel HD

11. TV One HD

12. We TV HD

13. Oxygen HD

14. PBS Kids Sprout HD

15. GSN HD

I originally had a Top 20 (which was even quoted by another forum member), but what sparked my list was after asking and finding out from another poster the estimate in amount of slots left on the transponders before we ever get to D14. So, I wanted to know so that I wouldn't go overboard with the potential. It could be, for all we know, no more than five linear HD getting added before the launch of D14 in 2014. And, as having already mentioned that the list is subject to change, it could be that the are programmers not on my list that could be on the radar of DirecTV. C-Span HD. C-Span 2 HD. gmc HD. Maybe some of my own rankings toward the bottom, like GSN HD, are actually near the top. Who knows? We will find out.

#364 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

I think we, in general, don't anticipate any new linear HD getting added until the arrival of July 1. That will mark the beginning of the third quarter of 2013.

My list, @ #335, of what I'm anticipating at that point going forward is applicable throughout 2013 and prior to the successful launch of D14 in 2014. The list is subject to change.

Right now, I consider the listed 15 with the following ranked order of confidence.

01. Style Network HD
02. Encore Drama HD
03. The Hub HD
05. RetroPlex HD
— IndiePlex HD
08. MTV2 HD
09. Fuse HD
10. Reelz Channel HD
11. TV One HD
12. We TV HD
13. Oxygen HD
14. PBS Kids Sprout HD
15. GSN HD

I originally had a Top 20 (which was even quoted by another forum member), but what sparked my list was after asking and finding out from another poster the estimate in amount of slots left on the transponders before we ever get to D14. So, I wanted to know so that I wouldn't go overboard with the potential. It could be, for all we know, no more than five linear HD getting added before the launch of D14 in 2014. And, as having already mentioned that the list is subject to change, it could be that the are programmers not on my list that could be on the radar of DirecTV. C-Span HD. C-Span 2 HD. gmc HD. Maybe some of my own rankings toward the bottom, like GSN HD, are actually near the top. Who knows? We will find out.

Any idea as to when all of the Encore Movie Channels will be made available in HD? I believe Encore Drama is the only one in HD that Directv doesn't carry.

On a side note, my receiver had an update this morning (0x6bd). Will there be any noticeable changes?

#365 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 935 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Any idea as to when all of the Encore Movie Channels will be made available in HD? I believe Encore Drama is the only one in HD that Directv doesn't carry.

No.

#366 OFFLINE   hdthebest

hdthebest

Godfather

• Registered
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

On a side note, my receiver had an update this morning (0x6bd). Will there be any noticeable changes?

noticed they updated hd channel logos

#367 OFFLINE   YUMA11

YUMA11

AllStar

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

What channels updated HD logos,for me is same.

#368 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,853 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

01. Style Network HD
02. Encore Drama HD
03. The Hub HD
05. RetroPlex HD
— IndiePlex HD
08. MTV2 HD
09. Fuse HD
10. Reelz Channel HD
11. TV One HD
12. We TV HD
13. Oxygen HD
14. PBS Kids Sprout HD
15. GSN HD

That is a really good quality list IMO. If those were the next 15 HD additions, I (and many others) would be very pleased. Can't think of much more after that for this year. Anything else besides your top 15 can wait until D14 is launched. I really hope those Comcast/NBC Universal properties go HD.
  • APB101 likes this

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#369 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 935 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

cypherx,

Thanks!

I will add that, beginning today [04.24.2013], I created a signature line. It will remain until DirecTV adds Reelz Channel, my personal No. 1, in high definition. I'm hoping it happens. But of an apparent 16 available slots, I think less than five would be of premium movies and regional/national sports. The rest would be basic-cable programmers. Style Network is really overdue, especially given that it was one year ago this month, April 2012, in which E! Entertainment Television was added in high def by DirecTV. There seems to be somewhat a pattern where the channels which should be coming in the same time as their parent or sister ones get delayed. For example, it was last September 2012 we got Scripps' Do It Yourself Network HD and, four months later, in January 2013 we received Cooking Channel HD. Last Jan. we received Discovery Communications' Investigation Discovery HD and, this month in April 2013, we received Oprah Winfrey Network HD. We're awaiting more from Discovery just as we are with AMC Networks (AMC HD in September 2011; IFC HD in January 2013; awaiting high-defs from Fuse, Sundance Channel, and We TV) and Comcast/NBC Universal (a host which must also consider HD for, and I admit to quickly forgetting to list it, Universal Sports).

There is only so much that can get done before D14 in 2014.

#370 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

What channels updated HD logos,for me is same.

Updated  HD logos:    HLN, LMN, H2, TVLand, Cooking Channel, Food Network, ID, Encore Action, IFC.  Also, many Fox Sports regional networks.

Edited by ep1974, 25 April 2013 - 01:56 AM.

• APB101 likes this

#371 OFFLINE   YUMA11

YUMA11

AllStar

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

I have H24-700 reseivers and not new HD logos yet.

#372 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

I expect that Universal Sports will be one of the next 15 added, and is more likely to be added this year than PAC 12, Oxygen, or GSN are.

#373 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

I expect that Universal Sports will be one of the next 15 added, and is more likely to be added this year than PAC 12, Oxygen, or GSN are.

I hope we get it this summer/early fall because I would assume they should be airing some of the olympic qualifiers, and maybe some of the actual events?

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#374 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

That is a really good quality list IMO. If those were the next 15 HD additions, I (and many others) would be very pleased. Can't think of much more after that for this year. Anything else besides your top 15 can wait until D14 is launched. I really hope those Comcast/NBC Universal properties go HD.

I would maybe put RSN's and maybe pac12 into the take from ppv slots pool.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#375 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

I hope we get it this summer/early fall because I would assume they should be airing some of the olympic qualifiers, and maybe some of the actual events?

I am sure Universal Sports will have the Olympic qualifiers, but I do not think they will have any of the actual Olympic games. Universal Sports will also have the Giro d'Italia in May and the Vuelta a Espana in August.  I expect that with the addition of the English Premier League to the NBC sports family, some of those games will be on Universal Sports.

Universal Sports is rapidly becoming the most important sports network that is not yet available from DirecTV in HD.

Edited by fleckrj, 26 April 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#376 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,173 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

I am sure Universal Sports will have the Olympic qualifiers, but I do not think they will have any of the actual Olympic games. Universal Sports will also have the Giro d'Italia in May and the Vuelta a Espana in August.  I expect that with the addition of the English Premier League to the NBC sports family, some of those games will be on Universal Sports.

Universal Sports is rapidly becoming the most important sports network that is not yet available from DirecTV in HD.

you can watch this online as they have live streaming.

#377 OFFLINE   oldguy999

oldguy999

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

01. Style Network HD

02. Encore Drama HD

03. The Hub HD

05. RetroPlex HD

— IndiePlex HD

08. MTV2 HD

09. Fuse HD

10. Reelz Channel HD

11. TV One HD

12. We TV HD

13. Oxygen HD

14. PBS Kids Sprout HD

15. GSN HD

The more the better. I dont see any on this list that I would watch though if they were added 

#378 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,635 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

01. Style Network HD

02. Encore Drama HD

03. The Hub HD

05. RetroPlex HD

— IndiePlex HD

08. MTV2 HD

09. Fuse HD

10. Reelz Channel HD

11. TV One HD

12. We TV HD

13. Oxygen HD

14. PBS Kids Sprout HD

15. GSN HD

Decent list. Of those 15, I would watch at least something on about 6 of them. Those would all be things I don't typically watch now but being in HD would be nice. Six of 15 that would at least add anything to my viewing at this stage is significant, even if the per channel viewing is not.

LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#379 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,724 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Encore Drama HD......FMC HD......The Military Channel HD......OuterMax HD.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#380 OFFLINE   DBSSTEPHEN

DBSSTEPHEN

Legend

• Registered
  • 212 posts
  • LocationSALEM,MISSOURI 65560

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

I want military history channel

• Suriel likes this

Protected By... spam firewall...And...