Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q2-13 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
750 replies to this topic

#401 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

I want my PAC-12 TV!

And comcrap sports northwest CSN-NW wouldn't hurt neither

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#402 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 13,877 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

chiller HD seems to be in the same place (a few small systems have it in HD) I think some said that by putting the right zip code in to there web site lists a HD channel.

AFAIK, Chiller is available in HD.  It's not on their website and I can't seem to find a provider that has it in HD. 

Where did you see it being carried?

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#403 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 920 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

Everyone's favorite weights in with speculation…

Will DIRECTV Offer '200 HD Channels' This Year?

By Phillip Swann a.k.a. Swanni (04.29.2013)
@ http://www.tvpredict...nnels042913.htm

Considering that it's still April, and there are plenty of HD channels out there that DIRECTV could still add, it would seem likely that it will hit the 200 HD mark before the holiday season. That would give DIRECTV a significant weapon in subscription acquisition efforts in the fourth quarter. ("Satellite Racer," a DIRECTV employee who's a frequent poster at the message board, DBSTalk.com, has said at that site that more HD channels are coming in the third quarter.)

Which HD channels could DIRECTV add in the coming months?

The possibilities include the Game Show Network; Fox Movie Channel; Oxygen; Sprout; WE TV; The Hub; and TV One HD, not to mention some channels that DIRECTV doesn't even carry in SD yet such as Epix, Pac 12 Network and CSN Houston.

#404 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

Why not? They're all free-to-air and there's plenty of space for them. I don't see the problem.

There is some space available, but 15 additional HD channels is close to the limit prior to the new bird coming on line sometime in 2014.  DirecTV is not going to allocate 15 channels to Al Jazeera English, RT International, France 24 English, NHK World English, CCTV News, CCTV-9, Arirang World, Euronews, DW English, Asian News International, MAC TV, VTV4, Ethiopian Television, Jewish News 1 and Fuji TV is not going to happen.  Perhaps Al Jazeera and either NHK or Fuji within the next year, but I do not see any of the others until 2015, if at all.  BBC World has a better chance than the 15 channels from which MHz Worldview draws their programming.

#405 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

There many channels that DirecTV SHOULD add, HD or SD. I have been requesting HRTV for a very long time, yet it still is not available. Why DirecTV is so unwilling to add the channels that their customers ask for is beyond my comprehension. DirecTV SHOULD also add CNN International, BBC World, and MAV TV.

I would like to see HRTV, and I would like to see TVG in HD, but neither are available in HD.  Unfortunately, I do not think HRTV is a high priority for DirecTV.  From your list, BBC World is the only one I think has a shot of being added within the next year, and even that is a long shot.

#406 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,592 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

There is some space available, but 15 additional HD channels is close to the limit prior to the new bird coming on line sometime in 2014.  DirecTV is not going to allocate 15 channels to Al Jazeera English, RT International, France 24 English, NHK World English, CCTV News, CCTV-9, Arirang World, Euronews, DW English, Asian News International, MAC TV, VTV4, Ethiopian Television, Jewish News 1 and Fuji TV is not going to happen.  Perhaps Al Jazeera and either NHK or Fuji within the next year, but I do not see any of the others until 2015, if at all.  BBC World has a better chance than the 15 channels from which MHz Worldview draws their programming.

...And your basis for this prediction is what, "I don't want these channels, so D* shouldn't waste the bandwidth?"

Edited by Coca Cola Kid, 30 April 2013 - 09:01 AM.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#407 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

...And your basis for this prediction is what, "I don't want these channels, so D* shouldn't waste the bandwidth?"

It has nothing to do with what I want.  It has to do with what will draw (or retain) the most customers for DirecTV and what contracts DirecTV already has in place.  Depending on who is counting and how, there are between 15 and 20 HD slots available prior to 2014.  There will be more HD channels added, but 15 of the remaining slots are not going to be allocated to those channels.  One or two, perhaps, but not 15.  There are too many other channels that will bring more additional revenue to DirecTV than most of those will.  Like it or not, DirecTV is in business to make money.

#408 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,592 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

It has nothing to do with what I want.  It has to do with what will draw (or retain) the most customers for DirecTV and what contracts DirecTV already has in place.  Depending on who is counting and how, there are between 15 and 20 HD slots available prior to 2014.  There will be more HD channels added, but 15 of the remaining slots are not going to be allocated to those channels.  One or two, perhaps, but not 15.  There are too many other channels that will bring more additional revenue to DirecTV than most of those will.  Like it or not, DirecTV is in business to make money.

Yeah well some of us like channels that don't air reality shows or sports 24/7. Apparently we don't matter though.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

#409 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 148 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Yeah well some of us like channels that don't air reality shows or sports 24/7. Apparently we don't matter though.

You are in the minority, so you matter much less in the grand scheme of things.

#410 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,619 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

I want beIN Sports Spanish HD

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#411 OFFLINE   YUMA11

YUMA11

AllStar

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

FuseHD please DTV lol.

#412 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,592 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

You are in the minority, so you matter much less in the grand scheme of things.

Well maybe I'll only pay a minority of my bill from now on.

Edited by Coca Cola Kid, 30 April 2013 - 08:54 PM.

DIRECTV customer

#413 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,232 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

OWN On Demand (1279) was added recently, all content is in HD, and also available via DirecTV Everywhere

Currently, the other Discovery Communications owned networks do not carry HD VOD content and are not available on DirecTV Everywhere.

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#414 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,232 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

AFAIK, Chiller is available in HD.  It's not on their website and I can't seem to find a provider that has it in HD. 

Where did you see it being carried?

Mike

These are the only 2 providers (allegedly) carrying it, although I have heard that there isn't even a HD feed uplinked on C-Band from the distributor, its possible there simply upconverting it.

Channel 1258 under Lifestyle & Sports Pass section

http://www.tctelco.net/channel-lineup/

Channel 149 

http://www.newport.c...channellistings

chiller HD seems to be in the same place (a few small systems have it in HD) I think some said that by putting the right zip code in to there web site lists a HD channel.

Yes, if you type in 99156 (Newport, WA zip code) and select Concept Communications from the dropdown it shows they carry the feed on channel 149 in HD as the lineup linked above shows. What is strange though is if you try a zip code for the Kansas based provider TCT it does not state their HD channel location...

http://www.chillertv.com/getchiller/

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#415 ONLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,424 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

Everyone's favorite weights in with speculation…

Will DIRECTV Offer '200 HD Channels' This Year?

By Phillip Swann a.k.a. Swanni (04.29.2013)
@ http://www.tvpredict...nnels042913.htm

It's a shame to see Swann pulling stunts like this, calling out Satelliteracer by name in his "article" .

I can understand his need / desire to post news when he finds it. But plastering a username in the release was not cool, in my opinion.

It may get to the point that he has to quit posting on here, to keep his job. 

• scoop8 likes this

Steve

#416 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,592 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

It's a shame to see Swann pulling stunts like this, calling out Satelliteracer by name in his "article" .

I can understand his need / desire to post news when he finds it. But plastering a username in the release was not cool, in my opinion.

it's not news, it's opinion, because he's not a reporter, he's an amateur blogger.

Edited by Coca Cola Kid, 03 May 2013 - 12:52 AM.

• sigma1914 and scoop8 like this

DIRECTV customer

#417 OFFLINE   charlesh

charlesh

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

This would be my top 5 HD wants

1. The Blaze

2. The Hub

3. GSN

4. FMC

5. FearNet

• scoop8 likes this

#418 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,164 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

it's not news, it's opinion, because he's not a reporter, he's an amateur blogger.

i am a retired reporter. trust me. swanni would have been fired a long time ago for this crap if he was employed by a newspaper.

• scoop8 likes this

#419 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,178 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

I don't understand why anyone would even read his blog. I also don't know why people post links to his articles here. If we wanted to read them we'd go there ourselves. Why feed the troll?

• scoop8 and TJNash like this

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#420 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

Protected By... spam firewall...And...