Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q2-13 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
750 replies to this topic

#421 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,480 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

I don't understand why anyone would even read his blog. I also don't know why people post links to his articles here. If we wanted to read them we'd go there ourselves. Why feed the troll?

Agreed..... 1,000%

• SPACEMAKER likes this

Steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#422 OFFLINE   JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Just my opinion, but Satelliteracer is a player & Swann is a wannabe.

• scoop8 likes this

“The problem with quotes from the internet is that you cannot always verify the authenticity.”

---------Abraham Lincoln

#423 OFFLINE   Reggie3

Reggie3

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

fI just noticed that Bloomberg Channel went HD - and is stunning - I missed any announcement

Basement: H21-100 to 60" Sony SXRD

Family Room: HR34 Genie HDMI to 70" Slharp Elite (Feb 22nd, 2013)

Main Bedroom:  HR22-100  to 50" Panasonic Plasma

Loyal DirecTV customer since 1996

#424 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,181 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

fI just noticed that Bloomberg Channel went HD - and is stunning - I missed any announcement

You may want to subscribe to the HD notification thread.

http://www.dbstalk.c...erg-tv-hd-live/

There's also the HD daily thread in the programming forum, and we usually post here.

The thread title for the notification thread also gets changed.
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#425 OFFLINE   sshires1

sshires1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts
  • Locationaz

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

Will dbstalk ever fix there mobile site

#426 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,181 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Will dbstalk ever fix there mobile site

This isn't the appropriate thread, but what's wrong with the mobile skin?

May be best to post in the Forum Support forum.

http://www.dbstalk.c...-forum-support/
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#427 OFFLINE   sshires1

sshires1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts
  • Locationaz

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Everytime I try to look at the directv hd anticipation thread it says this page doesn't exist

#428 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,181 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

Everytime I try to look at the directv hd anticipation thread it says this page doesn't exist

Yep, that's not the mobile skin, that's the mobile App which is currently not functional.

Details in the support forum:

http://www.dbstalk.c...-forum-support/

The mobile skin is actually not bad, accessed by a browser and select the mobile skin.

#429 OFFLINE   sshires1

sshires1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts
  • Locationaz

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

Thanks sixto!

#430 OFFLINE   Swanni

Swanni

• Registered
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNorth beach

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

Sorry I'm late to the Forum; did I miss anything?
  • I WANT MORE likes this

#431 OFFLINE   Swanni

Swanni

• Registered
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNorth beach

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:52 AM

FYI Hit and Miss will not return for 2nd season on Directv.

#432 OFFLINE   Swanni

Swanni

• Registered
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNorth beach

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

And before I forget, kudos to Sixto and Satellite Racer for their contributions here.

#433 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

...And your basis for this prediction is what, "I don't want these channels, so D* shouldn't waste the bandwidth?"

That's always been MY line of reasoning!

#434 OFFLINE   ruthiesea

ruthiesea

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

My only desire for additional hd is the NASA channel.

Other than that I am ready to anticipate away starting on the first page this quarter.

I agree.  And NASA provides it at no chanrge.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Robert J. Hanlon

#435 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 945 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

THESE MAY HAVE POTENTIAL

I have four area providers that are respective competitors to DirecTV. Along with minidish rival Echostar's Dish Network, they are: AT&T U-verse, Comcast, and WOW (Wide Open West)!  (I'm in the Detroit, Michigan market. This is not about comparing channel lineup of providers.)

When I joined here in 2010, I mentioned in "HD Anticipation" threads that among programmers' HD for which to anticipate are ones commonly carried by other providers. Now much of 2012 and early-2013 took care of that with the likes of AMC HD (added in September 2011), as well as E! Entertainment Television HD, H2 HD, Lifetime Movie Network HD, truTV HD, and Turner Classic Movies HD.

What I decided to do was revisit this topic by looking again at my four other area providers to see whether all four of the other providers are carrying Programmer A's linear high-def feed or, in the case of Programmer B, how many of the four are delivering it in HD. With only so much space left on the transponders, I've been figuring no greater than 15…but it might turn out no greater than 10 would get added in HD, by DirecTV, before the successful launch of D14 in 2014.

I referred to Alan's posting, at No. 28, for the list of linear standard-definition feeds currently carried by DirecTV which are not yet carried by the satcaster in high definition.

@ http://www.dbstalk.c...read/?p=3113942

Here is a breakdown (it's not necessarily complete from Alan's list):

ALL FOUR: AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Dish Network, and WOW!

233 GSN HD

294 The Hub HD

THREE OF FOUR

235 Style Network HD (AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Dish Network)

240 Home Shopping Network HD (AT&T U-verse, Comcast, WOW!)

251 Oxygen HD (AT&T U-verse, Comcast, WOW!)

275 QVC HD (AT&T U-verse, Comcast, WOW!)

328 TV One HD (AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Dish Network)

339 Fuse HD (AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Dish Network)

TWO OF FOUR

238 Reelz Channel HD (AT&T U-verse, Dish Network)

258 Fox Movie Channel HD (Dish Network, WOW!)

260 We TV HD (Comcast, Dish Network)

295 PBS Kids Sprout HD (Comcast, WOW!)

605 Sportsman Channel HD (Comcast, Dish Network)

606 Outdoor Channel HD (AT&T U-verse, Comcast)

ONE OF FOUR

272 Logo Network HD (Dish Network)

274 Ovation HD (AT&T U-verse)

313 Jewelry Television HD (AT&T U-verse)

330 Centric HD (Dish Network)

338 gmc HD (Comcast)

345 RFD-TV HD (Dish Network)

350 C-Span HD (Comcast)

372 TBN HD (AT&T U-verse)

374 BYU HD (AT&T U-verse)

404 Galavision HD (Dish Network)

558 Sundance Channel HD (Dish Network)

NOT EVEN ONE

273 TV Guide Channel HD

287 Military Channel HD

333 MTV2 HD

346 NASA HD

351 C-Span 2 HD

370 EWTN HD

I don't rely on this. But I recognize there may be some influence involved or, at the least, is worth some consideration. (Not too many people have this many competitors available to them for provider choices in cable-television programming.) So I've been anticipating for a while especially Style Network HD; but of the two that made the "All Four" list, I'm more comfortable, at this point, predicting that this year will see added to DirecTV The Hub HD. But given that GSN HD is carried by all my area's competition…I'm now feeling more confident of that possibility for GSN HD to become added by DirecTV before D14 in 2014.

What's interesting to me about those that aren't on at least three of the four competitors' lineups is that I mentally reserve room for premium-movie screens from Encore (due to DirecTV's April 2012 contract with Starz Entertainment LLC to expand the programming) and national and/or regional sports (for example with Comcast SportsNet Houston). There isn't a big list on the "Three of Four." Again, this doesn't mean DirecTV can't go outside those two top groups. A good example is TV Land HD. Only AT&T U-verse carries it. DirecTV followed AT&T U-verse and jumped ahead of Comcast, Dish Network, and WOW! to carry the linear high def of TV Land.

#436 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,177 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

THESE MAY HAVE POTENTIAL

I have four area providers that are respective competitors to DirecTV. Along with minidish rival Echostar's Dish Network, they are: AT&T U-verse, Comcast, and WOW (Wide Open West)!  (I'm in the Detroit, Michigan market. This is not about comparing channel lineup of providers.)

When I joined here in 2010, I mentioned in "HD Anticipation" threads that among programmers' HD for which to anticipate are ones commonly carried by other providers. Now much of 2012 and early-2013 took care of that with the likes of AMC HD (added in September 2011), as well as E! Entertainment Television HD, H2 HD, Lifetime Movie Network HD, truTV HD, and Turner Classic Movies HD.

What I decided to do was revisit this topic by looking again at my four other area providers to see whether all four of the other providers are carrying Programmer A's linear high-def feed or, in the case of Programmer B, how many of the four are delivering it in HD. With only so much space left on the transponders, I've been figuring no greater than 15…but it might turn out no greater than 10 would get added in HD, by DirecTV, before the successful launch of D14 in 2014.

I referred to Alan's posting, at No. 28, for the list of linear standard-definition feeds currently carried by DirecTV which are not yet carried by the satcaster in high definition.

@ http://www.dbstalk.c...read/?p=3113942

Here is a breakdown (it's not necessarily complete from Alan's list):

ALL FOUR: AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Dish Network, and WOW!

233 GSN HD

294 The Hub HD

THREE OF FOUR

235 Style Network HD (AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Dish Network)

240 Home Shopping Network HD (AT&T U-verse, Comcast, WOW!)

251 Oxygen HD (AT&T U-verse, Comcast, WOW!)

275 QVC HD (AT&T U-verse, Comcast, WOW!)

328 TV One HD (AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Dish Network)

339 Fuse HD (AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Dish Network)

TWO OF FOUR

238 Reelz Channel HD (AT&T U-verse, Dish Network)

258 Fox Movie Channel HD (Dish Network, WOW!)

260 We TV HD (Comcast, Dish Network)

295 PBS Kids Sprout HD (Comcast, WOW!)

605 Sportsman Channel HD (Comcast, Dish Network)

606 Outdoor Channel HD (AT&T U-verse, Comcast)

ONE OF FOUR

272 Logo Network HD (Dish Network)

274 Ovation HD (AT&T U-verse)

313 Jewelry Television HD (AT&T U-verse)

330 Centric HD (Dish Network)

338 gmc HD (Comcast)

345 RFD-TV HD (Dish Network)

350 C-Span HD (Comcast)

372 TBN HD (AT&T U-verse)

374 BYU HD (AT&T U-verse)

404 Galavision HD (Dish Network)

NOT EVEN ONE

273 TV Guide Channel HD

287 Military Channel HD

333 MTV2 HD

346 NASA HD

351 C-Span 2 HD

370 EWTN HD

558 Sundance Channel HD

I don't rely on this. But I recognize there may be some influence involved or, at the least, is worth some consideration. (Not too many people have this many competitors available to them for provider choices in cable-television programming.) So I've been anticipating for a while especially Style Network HD; but of the two that made the "All Four" list, I'm more comfortable, at this point, predicting that this year will see added to DirecTV The Hub HD. But given that GSN HD is carried by all my area's competition…I'm now feeling more confident of that possibility for GSN HD to become added by DirecTV before D14 in 2014.

What's interesting to me about those that aren't on at least three of the four competitors' lineups is that I mentally reserve room for premium-movie screens from Encore (due to DirecTV's April 2012 contract with Starz Entertainment LLC to expand the programming) and national and/or regional sports (for example with Comcast SportsNet Houston). There isn't a big list on the "Three of Four." Again, this doesn't mean DirecTV can't go outside those two top groups. A good example is TV Land HD. Only AT&T U-verse carries it. DirecTV jumped ahead of Comcast, Dish Network, and WOW! to carry the linear high def of TV Land.

actually my cable company (brighthouse) has all of the channels in the not even one category except sundance hd.

#437 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 945 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

… 

actually my cable company (brighthouse) has all of the channels in the not even one category except sundance hd.

Quoted from topic: DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q2-13 Thread)

I'm in Wayne County, Michigan. County seat is Detroit. In Livonia, the second-largest city of Wayne County, Mich., its cable-television provider used to be Time-Warner Cable and, for the last ten years, has been serviced by Bright House Networks.

If you would like, go ahead and factor the linear SD from DirecTV being carried in HD by Bright House. They can be considered with these groups. I do know GSN HD and The Hub HD are carried by Bright House Networks. So that would serve as a reinforcement.

(P.S. I responded a little earlier and unintentionally sent this response through a PM. Sorry about that.)

#438 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,261 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:14 AM

NOT EVEN ONE

558 Sundance Channel HD

FYI: DISH added Sundance April 17th, 2013.

DirecTV has added 12 channels this year, only FS San Diego being above the "Ultimate" level. Last year DirecTV added 11 full time channels and restored some PPV channels. There are more channels to come this year. I suspect they will be channels other providers have unless something new comes along that is worth carrying.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#439 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 945 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

DirecTV has added 12 channels this year, only FS San Diego being above the "Ultimate" level. Last year DirecTV added 11 full time channels and restored some PPV channels. There are more channels to come this year. I suspect they will be channels other providers have unless something new comes along that is worth carrying.

I have since corrected this.

:righton:

Thank you, James Long!

#440 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

FS is RSN is basic for loacl area and sports pack for others (black outs)

• jhwkfn likes this
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...