Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q2-13 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
750 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   tulanejosh

tulanejosh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

FXM will continue to be home to acquired movies but will also begin to televise original miniseries and limited series, hoping to compete with the likes of HBO, according to Mr. Landgraf said. They are also converting Fox Soccer to FXX which will be aimed at the under 40 demographic.

It is changing its name in September from FMC to FXM

Yes. This is what i've read as well. Content breaks will be along the lines of TBS - Comedy; TNT = Drame.

FX = Drama
FXX = Comedy (Converted from Fox Soccer)
FXM = Acquired Movies / Liminted Series / Mini - Series

To start off with they are moving "Sunny", "The League", "Legit" and "Kamau Bell" to FXX starting in September.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#102 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 500 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

These are the two I'm waiting for. According to this press release, the deal was already done.

I would also like to see these additions. BTW this press release was from 2012. Maybe we'll see them sometime this year.

#103 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,952 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

Well it doesn't say they have to carry it only that they could if they wanted to add it.

Same as Epix.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#104 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

I got nothing. There are no channels left that I personally watch that I must have in HD. Sure, PAC12 is nice, but I can watch everything online using a family member's TWC account. OWN was the last channel I wanted for the wife :) She is happy, so I am happy.
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#105 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

We are no longer asking for Fox Movie Channel, we are demanding it! :mad:

Stop with all of the excuses, DirecTV!

Usually a demand is followed by a "or else".

What is your "or else"?
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#106 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Usually a demand is followed by a "or else".

What is your "or else"?

His or else is he will keep posting.
To your other post I hope d* gets the pac-12 by the fall.
Hr34-700 living room
C31-700 bedroom
H23-600 family room

#107 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,952 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

His or else is he will keep posting.
To your other post I hope d* gets the pac-12 by the fall.

Would be nice but I don't *need* but would be nice to have something to fall asleep to late fall Saturdays.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#108 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Oxygen, FXM, the Hub, Fuse, We, Sundance, Style, mtv2, GSN, Reelz

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD, Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#109 OFFLINE   oldcrooner

oldcrooner

Godfather

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Ovation, BBC World News, Logo would be much appreciated. I think we already have more than enough sport channels, IMO. I'm 72 and have never yet figured out why they appeal to people. You see one silly ballgame, you've seen them all.
Men become civilized, not in proportion to their willingness to believe, but in proportion to their readiness to doubt.
--Ambrose Bierce

#110 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

Ovation, BBC World News, Logo would be much appreciated. I think we already have more than enough sport channels, IMO. I'm 72 and have never yet figured out why they appeal to people. You see one silly ballgame, you've seen them all.

You see grown men jumping up and down after the put a ball in a hoop in their shorts, as if they had just discovered the cure to cancer.

I don't understand the people who watch this boring stuff . It isn't like I am making $5 million for watching it, or even $5.00.

Pass

#111 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,183 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

Some people watch stuff I can't stand and I watch stuff others can't stand. Get over it.

Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
C41-400
XBoxOne
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200

#112 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

You see grown men jumping up and down after the put a ball in a hoop in their shorts, as if they had just discovered the cure to cancer.

I don't understand the people who watch this boring stuff . It isn't like I am making $5 million for watching it, or even $5.00.

Pass

It's a guy thing.

#113 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,952 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Pass

I'd much rather watch a grown man draw on a white board and make crazy conclusions and try to make them sound rational. Not.

See, anyone can make fun of anything others like.

#114 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 451 posts
  • LocationNE New Jersey

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

I'd much rather watch a grown man draw on a white board and make crazy conclusions and try to make them sound rational. Not.

Or "reality" TV programming and shopping channels. Now that there is some riveting stuff.

#115 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

Everyone can watch what they want that is a great thing compared to the 50s to where you had 3 channels and if the President was on you were screwed for that hour plus.
I would love an ala carte however that would increase the bill probably.
Hr34-700 living room
C31-700 bedroom
H23-600 family room

#116 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 9,064 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

GMC is being rebranded to "UP" in June according to Multichannel News.

I added a notation, but I'll keep it GMC until June.

HRTV is not a RSN

TCN Philadelphia and CSN Philadelphia + is the same channel.

also you listed pac12 2 times.

Good get on HRTV!

What is the correct name for the Philadelphia RSN then?

I only see Pac-12 Network once. :confused:

I need to do several updates to the list, and clean it up a little more. The 1Q snuck up on me and I was just trying to get it in there early in the thread.

#117 OFFLINE   larry55

larry55

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

i remember the 50" plus the republicans and democractics convention be on all week .I don't at all now cause i have choices.

#118 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

You can't stand anything that conflicts with liberal ideology. That's cool, you are typical.

#119 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

There are a few channels that if we had HD simulcasts, I might have SLs set up for them (Reelz, etc.), but as I've stated before, The CW* is the only SD channel with Series Links set up in my household, so outside of the CW DNS feeds being upgraded to HD, I'm not really in any hurry for anything. [...]

[...]* I'm still hoping that DirecTV will add my local CW affiliate in HD sometime this year, thereby lowering my interest in the DNS feeds greatly, but I wrote an e-mail to two different people at my local affiliate at the first of the year asking for an updated timetable as to when this year said affiliate plans to go HD, so I can go ahead and put in a request to DirecTV, but so far, I haven't heard back from either of them... :(

Well, the good news is I finally got some information from my local affiliate via their Facebook page. They are shooting for a Summer HD launch, so my hope is that DirecTV will offer them in HD from the start, thereby lessening my desire for the DNS feeds to go HD.

So... this potentially means that after the next quarter thread, it's possible that all my Series Links will be in HD, and I will go strictly to a "any HD added is good with me" stance, and simply look forward to future HD launches. :)

Crossing my fingers, and I know all of you are too, so that I won't talk about the DNS feeds as much anymore! :D

#120 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

What is the correct name for the Philadelphia RSN then?

The RSN is Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, a.k.a. CSN Philly.

Spillover games are carried on a "local origination" channel called The Comcast Network. Presumably, if DirecTV were to add CSN Philly, it would put TCN games onto an RSN alternate channel.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#121 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,407 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

And on that note I need to step in and say "anyone can make fun of anything others like" but not here. (Thank you for illustrating that point.)

Let's keep the hate out of the thread. If you don't like someone else's favorite channel that is fine. Insulting other people's choices is not fine.

#122 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

The RSN is Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, a.k.a. CSN Philly.

Spillover games are carried on a "local origination" channel called The Comcast Network. Presumably, if DirecTV were to add CSN Philly, it would put TCN games onto an RSN alternate channel.

Is there any reason to even list TCN then?

#123 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,952 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Not really. You wouldn't list MASN 2, would you? It is an alternate channel.

#124 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

Any contract reached between Comcast and Directv will be content driven. Moving games to alt channels will not matter. Dolan played that card already years ago. Time Warner actually deserves credit for shutting that game down. Ironies in all of the madness.

#125 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

It's the only CSN where they force other systems to buy a different channel to get the overflow games and TCN shows a lot stuff that is also on the other CSN channels.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...