Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pilots for 13/14 Season

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

The networks are working on their pilots for the 13/14 season and Deadline Hollywood has the early news on all the shows being considered.

These shows are all in the very earliest stages of development and some won't even make it to the stage of recording a pilot, let alone make it to the air, but the information gives you a good idea of the types of shows the networks are looking at for next fall. For example, there are several shows that sound like Once Upon a Time knockoffs including Sleepy Hollow at Fox and a twist on Alice in Wonderland at NBC.

Oh, and there's an Ironsides reboot with Blair Underwood in the wheelchair. Sounds awkward.

Check it out here.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,879 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

Wow, some real stinkers in there. I haven't finished going through it yet and I'm already not looking forward to next season.

A show based on one of Disney's roller coasters? Come on ABC...

And who puts one of the best comedians of all time, Robin Williams, with one of the worst actresses of all time, Sarah Michelle Gellar? Come on CBS...

Just how many divorced single parent shows can we have? I guess we're gonna find out.

I see a recurring theme... "based on UK series"... AKA "Dumbed down for Americans".

Edited by RunnerFL, 26 March 2013 - 07:00 AM.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 504 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

Comedy seems to have left Robin Williams behind (IMO), but he has really found a niche as a dramatic actor in the last 15 years or so.

I would much rather see him in a drama these days.

#4 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

That all is a side-effect of the following:

- Reality TV Show's being cheaper to produce
- Need for instant raitings/hit status, no tollerance to give a show a half season, or full season... to tweek and retool
- Pre-Reviews of shows, and the hoopla around it... killing it before the first episode ever airs.

There have been dozens of shows over the last many years, that were axed with less than 6 episodes aired that could have been something.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,291 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

After looking at just the 5 broadcast networks and realizing I'm not in the CW's target demo (I'm approaching 70), I can't help but think that their upcoming shows, if they happen, are more in tune with what I would want to watch.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#6 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

A show based on one of Disney's roller coasters? Come on ABC...

And for mid-season I hear they're working on an adaption of Steamboat Willy as a star vehicle for Michael Chiklis. ;)
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,879 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

And for mid-season I hear they're working on an adaption of Steamboat Willy as a star vehicle for Michael Chiklis. ;)

That would be right on par. :lol:

What about "It's a Small World" with Bronson Pinchot, George Lopez, Kelly Hu and Dalip Singh? Picture this... They're all on a plane that crashes on a mysterious island in the Pacific. The island is controlled by Elya Baskin and they are all forced to sing an annoying song over and over.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,346 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Comedy seems to have left Robin Williams behind (IMO), but he has really found a niche as a dramatic actor in the last 15 years or so.

I would much rather see him in a drama these days.

This new show sounds bad, except the writer/Exec Producer is David E. Kelly. So this show might have some potential.

#9 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,038 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Went straight to CW for my SciFi and found . . . .

THE 100
OXYGEN
THE SELECTION
THE TOMORROW PEOPLE

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

Protected By... spam firewall...And...