Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Formula 1 2013 season

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 556 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

3 times in Canada I noticed Vettel opening his DRS when he was leading. No wonder he gets so far ahead all the time. He's cheating. I can't believe no one noticed this.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

It is controlled "automatically" so if you are NOT within 1 sec of the car ahead of you(including "lapped cars") the system will not allow the wing to open. Meaning even if you press the button it will not open the wing. That is how it is designed to work. If you have visual evidence otherwise, I am sure the FIA would be interested....

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#23 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

It is controlled "automatically" so if you are NOT within 1 sec of the car ahead of you(including "lapped cars") the system will not allow the wing to open. Meaning even if you press the button it will not open the wing. That is how it is designed to work. If you have visual evidence otherwise, I am sure the FIA would be interested....

How did he open it at the very end of the race? He clearly crosses the start/finish line and opens the slot then closes it only to open it once more. Clearly there was no car ahead of him at least within one second. Out of curiousity, why the quotation around automatically in your post? 

#24 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

How did he open it at the very end of the race? He clearly crosses the start/finish line and opens the slot then closes it only to open it once more. Clearly there was no car ahead of him at least within one second. Out of curiousity, why the quotation around automatically in your post

The way I understand it, the FIA system detects the 1 sec interval then appropriately allows the trailing car to use/not use the system. This is done in my term automatically. Thats all. Perhaps you would use a different word to describe this function. I deleted my recording of the race, therefore I don't have the ability to watch the closing lap. Good catch by you though! Also during the event Matchett and Hobbs questioned whether Alonso passed under a yellow flag. They even had a replay of what appeared to support their case. At that very moment, a Blue flag was also being displayed for slower traffic(a Sauber I think). Alonso did make the pass, but I don't know if the Blue flagged car was actually up to racing speed. Good racing behind Vettel, I enjoyed it.

#25 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

The way I understand it, the FIA system detects the 1 sec interval then appropriately allows the trailing car to use/not use the system. This is done in my term automatically. Thats all. Perhaps you would use a different word to describe this function. I deleted my recording of the race, therefore I don't have the ability to watch the closing lap. Good catch by you though! Also during the event Matchett and Hobbs questioned whether Alonso passed under a yellow flag. They even had a replay of what appeared to support their case. At that very moment, a Blue flag was also being displayed for slower traffic(a Sauber I think). Alonso did make the pass, but I don't know if the Blue flagged car was actually up to racing speed. Good racing behind Vettel, I enjoyed it.

I re-recorded it last night just to make sure I wasn't crazy and I did see his slot opened right around the start/finish line. I also didn't see any other cars ahead within 1 second. I saw the Alonso pass and it was too hard to tell with the camera angles I saw. I would say it could go either way. It was some good racing behind him for sure. Kimi didn't have a very god day and lost an extra point in the last lap to Massa who looks like he is driving his tail off for a new contract again.

#26 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Here we go again with the tires. That's absolutely insane the way those things were just exploding like that. Race wise I thought it was another good one. I was grinning ear to ear when Vettels gear box went out. So glad he didn't get any points.

#27 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 556 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

CNBC has the race again this weekend. NBCSN was practice and qualifying.

#28 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Great race weekend. Lotus had an amazing race. Nice to see Kimi on the podium. I was surprised by the stewards dealing with Webbers pit gaff after the race rather than give him a drive through of some type. Glad the camera man was ok and I saw that they won't allow them on the pits anymore except behind the wall. That guy got smoked by that tire!

#29 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Holy crap! Where the hell did RoGro find the speed? I'm wondering if Lotus have made some awesome tweaks to try and entice Kimi to stay on for next year. Honestly though, I would like to see him driving for Lotus than Red Bull. The BS that comes with Vettel is a huge distraction and the way they've treated Webber in the past is suspect. How many times has his KERS crapped out on him? It happened again in qualifying. It's like they slap his car together and say "here ya go!" Where as Vettel gets the best they have. 

#30 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 556 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

Good race today. IMHO RoGro got royally screwed and I think it's because of his race history. There was no need for a drive through. Glad to see Lewis win for Merc finally. I was really glad to see Kimi hold off the pissant Vettel at the end. Of course he was crying on the radio for no reason whatsoever. Makes me hope even more Kimi doesn't end up on RBR next year. He and RoGro make a hell of a combo right now and I can only hope that continues for the rest of the season.

#31 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Monza this weekend fellas. Always a good one. Good for Ricciardo getting the nod to RBR. Means Kimi stays put hopefully. Race on!

Sent from the other side of the Milky Way with my S4.

#32 OFFLINE   Cool Games

Cool Games

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Getting ready for 2014 but worry about where to watch without SPEED and FOX doing FOX Sports GO app streaming instead !

No path to that service !

Any one else trying to watch Daytona Rolex 24 in the meantime ?

Dish DP501, ViP722-HD
Panasonic Viera L58E60

Panasonic DMP BD65

Apple TV gen 1 (XBMC) & 2
Pioneer Elite VSX74TXVI
Bose AM 16
Panasonic DMRT3040 DVD recorder

Dish viewer since 1984's 3 meter !

:righton: 

#33 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,705 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Getting ready for 2014 but worry about where to watch without SPEED and FOX doing FOX Sports GO app streaming instead !

No path to that service !

Any one else trying to watch Daytona Rolex 24 in the meantime ?

Road to the Rolex is coming on channel 618, FS2  1-25-2014.

"Tudor United SportsCar Championship: Rolex 24 at Daytona"

is coming on local Fox 26 for me at 1 pm on 1-25-2014 and   618 1-25-2014 at 3pm and on 219, FS1 at 6 am 1-26-2014.

Edited by jimmie57, 24 January 2014 - 12:53 PM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#34 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

Road to the Rolex is coming on channel 618, FS2  1-25-2014.

"Tudor United SportsCar Championship: Rolex 24 at Daytona"

is coming on local Fox 26 for me at 1 pm on 1-25-2014 and   618 1-25-2014 at 3pm and on 219, FS1 at 6 am 1-26-2014.

Ditto for me...Local Fox channel for the 1st 2 hours, then 618(FS2) for mid race, finish on 219(FS1)...also a Pre-Race show 1/2 hour before the race on 618(FS2).  Hopefully they can get this switching around solved, but it is the only 24hr event. I hope Sebring will be on 1 channel thru out....Regardless though, RACING IS BACK!!!!  :joy: :joy:

#35 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 674 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

TVRacer.com

Edited by kikkenit2, 24 January 2014 - 05:28 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...