Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV App for iPad - V 1.11.x - Issues/Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,572 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

In case you missed, v1.11.0 is available for download in the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple...d421547368?mt=8

What's New in Version 1.11.0

Bug Fixes

NEW IN VERSION 1.10.5:

Enhanced Social TV module allows you to comment on friends’ check-ins and shares and view their history to discover what types of programs they like.

New On Demand button on the remote gives you instant access to DIRECTV On Demand listings on your TV.
Miso sharing removed.

Recently added:

Beautiful HD graphics for iPads with Retina display

Closed captioning support for DIRECTV Everywhere and Live TV Streaming

Support for C31 receivers

Now you can watch AUDIENCE Network™ and other select channels on your iPad anywhere, inside or outside your home. Go to the “Watch on iPad” tab located at the bottom right of the iPad app and select “Live TV” to start watching now.

Edited by Steve, 27 March 2013 - 10:49 AM.

/steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,766 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

Thanks, just updated.

Still does not accept "press and hold" commands on the remote. For example using this as a remote control when feeding another room from an H24, press and hold exit on the ipad does not toggle the HD / SD mode.

Pressing the on demand button does nothing when controlling an H24. The H24 should be able to access the VOD screens off of my HR24 since I have MRV authorized and working. It should be able to direct downloads or buffer to the HR24's hard drive for watch it now. Think of it this way, DirecTV... VOD accessible in more rooms mean potentially more income from upsellling premiums with VOD or paid per movie VOD.

Still cannot manage DVR to do list / series or gauge how much hard drive space is available on a DVR.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#3 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,721 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

As has been since the retina display upgrade the 30 pin connector no longer passes the audio to a connected audio device. Using headphone out yields a lot of analog field noise interference (pops, buzz, etc).

Am finding this a tad frustrating is this by design?

Don "tell me it is and I'll shut up, better yet fix it and I'll shut up ;)" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#4 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

As has been since the retina display upgrade the 30 pin connector no longer passes the audio to a connected audio device. Using headphone out yields a lot of analog field noise interference (pops, buzz, etc).

Am finding this a tad frustrating is this by design?

Don "tell me it is and I'll shut up, better yet fix it and I'll shut up ;)" Bolton

Really? The 30-pin connector is hardware. I didn't think they could explicitly send different audio out there than the headphone jack (in this case a blank stream). 30 some pins, there has to be some analog traces that tie into that headphone jack? 30 pins is a lot... More than you need for USB and charging.

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#5 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,721 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yep the old iPod/pad/phone charging synch and play mechanism stopped transferring audio when they put in the Retina Display enhancements which coincided (or closely so) with Apple changing to a different charge/synch cable for their newer products.

I have a short "jumper" cable that allows me to "dock" away from the unit itself and play my iPad's audio out into a small Crosley unit. iTunes audio works fine, EweToob audio works fine, last I checked DirectTV app for iPhone worked, but the iPad has not for at least 3 iterative releases now.

Using the headphone out means I am connecting to the Crosley for power on one end, and audio on the other. The analog audio is subject to interference I suspect may be due to the connecting "loop" if you will. I "think" the dock side audio is digital whereas the headphone out is analog.

I have used the iPad with the Crosley in the kitchen when cooking now no go.

Don "life is so hard:grin:" Bolton

Really? The 30-pin connector is hardware. I didn't think they could explicitly send different audio out there than the headphone jack (in this case a blank stream). 30 some pins, there has to be some analog traces that tie into that headphone jack? 30 pins is a lot... More than you need for USB and charging.

Edited by lugnutathome, 11 April 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Don,

I am watching audio/video from my iPad3 (with retina display) over it's 30 Pin dock connector
here just fine using the Directv App for iPad:

I watched CNN 202
1 watched NFLNetwork 212
I watched Audience 101

From the Videos App I watched a Movie - sounded fine

And they all played fine and the sound was fine using only the output from the
30 Pin Dock connector.

I use the Digital AV Adaptor connected to an HDMI cable
connected to a TV set.

What are you trying to watch that the audio doesn't work?
What kind of an Adaptor to the iPad are you using?
Which iPad do you have?

Yep the old iPod/pad/phone charging synch and play mechanism stopped transferring audio when they put in the Retina Display enhancements which coincided (or closely so) with Apple changing to a different charge/synch cable for their newer products.

I have a short "jumper" cable that allows me to "dock" away from the unit itself and play my iPad's audio out into a small Crosley unit. iTunes audio works fine, EweToob audio works fine, last I checked DirectTV app for iPhone worked, but the iPad has not for at least 3 iterative releases now.

Using the headphone out means I am connecting to the Crosley for power on one end, and audio on the other. The analog audio is subject to interference I suspect may be due to the connecting "loop" if you will. I "think" the dock side audio is digital whereas the headphone out is analog.

I have used the iPad with the Crosley in the kitchen when cooking now no go.

Don "life is so hard:grin:" Bolton

Edited by tbolt, 12 April 2013 - 11:19 AM.
clarity

#7 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,721 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

Hmm. . . iPaid2 just trying to stream live TV which shows but no audio through the connector. I have several of these dock jumpers perhaps time to try another. . . But last time I checked the iPhone4 worked using its app.

Dock extender is an 18inch cable that has 30 pin connectors on each end one male, one female. Oh and it has been this way on both iPads we have it's consistent. I've an iPad1 I could try as well but haven't loaded the app on it.

Don "not wanting to uplift iPaid just yet" Bolton

Don,

I am watching audio/video from my iPad3 (with retina display) over it's 30 Pin dock connector
here just fine using the Directv App for iPad:

I watched CNN 202
1 watched NFLNetwork 212
I watched Audience 101

From the Videos App I watched a Movie - sounded fine

And they all played fine and the sound was fine using only the output from the
30 Pin Dock connector.

I use the Digital AV Adaptor connected to an HDMI cable
connected to a TV set.

What are you trying to watch that the audio doesn't work?
What kind of an Adaptor to the iPad are you using?
Which iPad do you have?

Edited by lugnutathome, 12 April 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

I just tried using my iPad 3 with the digital A/V adapter. Like tbolt, audio and video worked well on both live tv and on demand selections.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#9 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Don,

What type of AV Adaptor are you using??

I believe the Crosley could be where your problem lies.

Apple does not support 3rd Party Dock connections.

I have run into this before and been burned.

Just saying...

Hmm. . . iPaid2 just trying to stream live TV which shows but no audio through the connector. I have several of these dock jumpers perhaps time to try another. . . But last time I checked the iPhone4 worked using its app.

Dock extender is an 18inch cable that has 30 pin connectors on each end one male, one female. Oh and it has been this way on both iPads we have it's consistent. I've an iPad1 I could try as well but haven't loaded the app on it.

Don "not wanting to uplift iPaid just yet" Bolton

#10 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,721 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Don,

What type of AV Adaptor are you using??

I believe the Crosley could be where your problem lies.

Apple does not support 3rd Party Dock connections.

I have run into this before and been burned.

Just saying...

It is the standard 30 pin Apple dock connector for iPod primarily.

This all had worked up literally the minute I applied the first Retina display update.

Don "this iPhone keypad is too smaa today" Bolton

#11 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

What is a Crosley?

#12 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,721 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Its an old name in home electronics and oddly enough automobiles too. I have a 1946 Crosley radio which is a beautiful burled wood cabinet stands almost chest high. Stellar radio for its era.

Now days they make consumer grade stuff and it is a label Target carries. The unit of which I speak is a docking/charging station for iPod/etc that has built in FM and several AUX ins. Nothing audiophile about it, but it does nicely enhance the music or other audio coming out of one of the Apple units

Don "louder than the running water for sure" Bolton

What is a Crosley?

#13 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'm getting video freeze from live streaming for a few seconds then regains picture, is this normal? or is this internet speed related?

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#14 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,900 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

1.12.2 released, support for business accounts.

#15 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

When is playlist management (to do list, series link editing, disk space indicator, etc..) coming?  What is the best way to let DirecTV know of these requested features?  E-mail?  Or would posting here be enough if DirecTV employees are monitoring?

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#16 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,572 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

When is playlist management (to do list, series link editing, disk space indicator, etc..) coming?  What is the best way to let DirecTV know of these requested features?  E-mail?  Or would posting here be enough if DirecTV employees are monitoring?

In case this is the right place to ask, +1000! :up:

Along with a free space indicator, adding the ability to manage the To Do List and Series Manager to DAFI (or even just to a web browser) would be the most significant improvement since MRV, IMHO.

/steve

#17 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 891 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

I am still waiting for DirecTV to add a way to store more than one account.  Some of us that move between accounts (2nd home/parents family members DirecTV accounts etc).  If I log out of one account I lose all my settings and have to set it up again.  It'd be great to store the info and just be able to log out of one into another and have everything saved.

#18 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

I am still waiting for DirecTV to add a way to store more than one account.  Some of us that move between accounts (2nd home/parents family members DirecTV accounts etc).  If I log out of one account I lose all my settings and have to set it up again.  It'd be great to store the info and just be able to log out of one into another and have everything saved.

That functionality has been in the app for nearly a year now...   Is there something specifically not working with it?

Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#19 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 891 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

That functionality has been in the app for nearly a year now...   Is there something specifically not working with it?

Earl, I will give it a try again. Each time I had logged out of one account and into the other it always cleared my info saved.  Hopefully it's no longer an issue!

#20 OFFLINE   rlp0917

rlp0917

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hi guys, found this forum when I was looking for some help.  I just recently installed the 1.12.2 DirecTV app for my Ipad.  I currently subscribe to the MLB extra innings package and up until now have had no issues using this app to schedule a baseball game recording. For some reason, with this latest update, when I click on an MLB EI game channel (in the guide in the 700 channel range), the "Record" button is blacked out.  If I click "more info", it says "you are currently not authorized to view this program".  That is clearly not the issue as I am watching and recording games on the TV with no problem (and I can use the guide on the web to schedule a recording as well).  I called DirecTV this morning and they tried refreshing my services but have the same issue.  They said nobody had documented this issue.  I have tried deleting/reinstalling the app, rebooting my Ipad, etc.  I can record any other channel in the lineup with no problem.  

Was hoping maybe somebody on this forum has the latest version of the app with one of the premium sports packages and can see if they have any issue scheduling a recording from the app?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...