Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV App for iPad - V 1.11.x - Issues/Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

I just checked and I have the same issue with the app.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   rlp0917

rlp0917

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

I was messing with it more last night and it seems random. It wont allow me to record any of the HD MLB channels and only a couple of the SD channels. What I find particularly interesting is that when I turn my tv to one of the channels the app wont let me record in the guide, then go into the app, under the Now Showing on the left hand side it shows a Record button sometimes. If i click it, sometimes it will let me record and other times it pops up an error saying I cant record?

Pretty random. They said they were escalating to Engineering but I dont hold out hope. I posted this in the directv forum and somebody said it worked fine for them (not sure what app version they are on).

#23 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Today the record button is there for EI games.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#24 OFFLINE   rlp0917

rlp0917

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Well, hasn't been fixed for me...but it gets more mysterious.  So I now notice that even though the channels in the 720 to 750 range are problematic, if I find the same game being broadcast on another channel (i.e. the various Fox Sports channels) and open it up in the app, the Record button works just fine.  If I go back and find that same game in the MLB EI lineup, Record button is blacked out???

It seems like I can narrow the problem down to just those MLB EI channels and maybe some authorization issue with my account (even though the rep said there was nothing out of the ordinary with my account?).  I might call and have them take the EI service off my account and add it back on just to see if that triggers something.

#25 ONLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,476 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Was playing Pandora (station - George Jones) and DAFI says under 'Currently Watching', "To see information on the program you're currently watching, your HR34 receiver must be turned on".

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#26 OFFLINE   Windshadow

Windshadow

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

When I used this upgrade when I had the old 32/500 receiver I would have to go to settings in the iPad app and validate the receiver IP address each time I wanted to use the app ... The correct IP address would be there I just would need to validate it...

Last weekend I upgraded to the 34/700 and now the new unit can not even be found by the app

The iPad app which was working with the old 32/500 and even the old 32/100(both of which were replaced by the new 34/700 and its remote slave) can not find the new equipment on the home network I tried inputting the ipaddress manually taking the 192 address from the network services page but that too is not found. Also if I hit the connect now button on the net serv page I get starting network services ..... Unable to start network services (301) this even though I am able to use the on demand to get shows ( though about every hour or 2 while downloading these shows I will get a network connection missing. Msg on screen with the option to test now or ignore I go with ignore and I can see that the do resumes in a bit.
I am on road runner 50/5 via time Warner. I have seen this pause in DL on my computer as well but time Warner says that when the speedtest.net is run we get 49/4.95 results it is not a problem on their end of course it is intermittent and so not seen when the cable tech is here.

Any thoughts on what to try next?
Cheers

Edited by Windshadow, 07 May 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#27 ONLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Don't use Network Services, use Advanced Setup and Configure Now. Can you ping the HR from the IP address shown there?

#28 OFFLINE   Windshadow

Windshadow

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Don't use Network Services, use Advanced Setup and Configure Now. Can you ping the HR from the IP address shown there?

Sometimes but not all the time in fact only once so far the shows download eventually but if I am watching while I have pending downloads I will keep getting the test your connection msg on the screen.... In effect the internetconnection is intermittent with the the old 32/500 and this same external wifi box as provided by directv back when I got the 32/500 several years ago I had no problems with the connection other than having to verify the receiver IP address each time I launched the iPad app.
If I wait until I see the bar next to a requested download be in action I can ping the address

Also the on that configure now page I see a different last number in the IP address so far I have seen 9, 8, 6 on different days and no I have not power cycled the HR34/700

Thanks for the response

#29 ONLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

Possibly a diagram of your network / HR boxes? And list each IP address. . .

#30 OFFLINE   Windshadow

Windshadow

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Dead simple the combined cablemodem router wifi unit from roadrunner timewarner to the directtv wifi gadget then an Ethernet cable from it to the 34/700
Other equipment using the roadrunner 50/5 service main computer gigabit Ethernet cable from the roadrunner unit everything else is on the wifi
Other wifi (all working normaly with speedtest.net mobile reporting 34/5 for the real speed of the wifi (checked on main computer out shows the full 50/5 speed)) includes
Xbox360
Panasonic blueray player (hi def amazon prime working via it)
Lap top computer working normaly
This iPad 3 also fine
iPhone 4S also fine
Not comfortable sharing full IP addresses but the other units have not been changing their address unless they are cycled
Is the power saving mode of the 34/700 going to reset the IP address?

#31 ONLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

If you can, try another cable to the HR34, it sounds like it's flakey since you had a previous HR with similar problems. (also not sure what a 32/500 is, maybe a 23/500?)

A 50 or 100' cable from monoprice is less than $10 . . . nothing should be changing IP addresses unless it's off for a day or more. That depends on your DHCP settings in your router.

Sharing the 192.168.x.x addresses is no problem. . .they're your internal LAN.

And no to the power-saving question.

You could try another port on your router or switch. . they can be flakey individually.

Edit: I just re-read again that you're using a WCCK wireless. . . I assume the coax isn't connected to the HR34 AND an Ethernet cable. The WCCK can be used as a stand-alone bridge, but not both connections to the same box.

#32 OFFLINE   Windshadow

Windshadow

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

192.168.0.5 right now and right now the 34/700 is working just fine as is the iPad app all the cables to the HR box were just swapped over so I would not have to pull out the huge heavy credenza that holds the pioneer elite plasma It sits in a frame that is filled (Totaly surounds)with the small speakers and all the other gear like receiver etc power conditioner and the pair of 200w subwoofers.the coax is the best I could buy when I set up the room 7 years ago the directv installer replaced only the switch that fed the buried in the walls wiring. The switch is in the basement utility room so the coax from the antenna (which I think he called a legacy unit and it would have to be replaced when my local Maine stations are moved to another sat in a year or two) has a long run from the antenna to feed it and then the pair of them perhaps 60 feet from the switch to the receiver. I think he said I could use either one of the 2 outlets from the wall as the 34/700 only needs one. I could swap it to the other I guess.

WET610 I think is the model. I'd on the linksys by Cisco wifi adapter that was supplied with the previous DVR and the only Ethernet cable being used by the 34 is the short one between it and the WET BOX
It will be tough to run a Ethernet cable from the cable modem which is on another floor due to internal brick walls the cablemodem is in the home office.... I guess I can run a very long one through the halls and stairs to test with... But the built in wifi in the Panasonic blueray supports the high def amazon prime video with no problems as does the wifi adapter to the xbox360

Thanks for considering my problem
Cheers
Windy

#33 OFFLINE   Windshadow

Windshadow

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Oh yes the other IP local address are the same as above with the last number changing
The combined cablemodem router wifi unit is .1
The main computer is via its gigabit Ethernet cable .2
The anywhere in the house laptop is .3
The blueray player is .4
The direct adapter is .5
The iPad is .6
The iPhone is .7
And the Xbox 360 is .8

#34 ONLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

From your description, I'd say you've got a slightly marginal wifi connection for video. And Dtv video requires a larger bandwidth than Netflix or Amazon streaming

Examine the placement of your router and WET610N bridge. Moving either 10-20' in any direction could solve your problem. You might try a different channel, perhaps there's some interference in your area. inSSIDer can help there if you have an N laptop. Also be sure you're using the N band

If you can get wired Ethernet near your coax, a CCK can avoid the wireless. Or a WCCK could possibly get the wireless hop closer to your router.

Pre DECA, I used a similar WGA600N bridge in the bedroom with two HRs without any problem to a Linksys 600N running dd-wrt.

#35 OFFLINE   Windshadow

Windshadow

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

The connection was down for a while last night but is back nowwith an assignment of .6
The cablemodem router wifi unit is an all in one UBEE with 2 antennas it came when my service was upgraded by roadrunner (time Warner) to the 50/5 level the general signal strength in the house is less than it was before when the cable only provided the modem and the wifi was via my apple base station... Could I run one of the unused Ethernet outputs from the UBEE to feed the apple unit and thence to the wifi used by the hr? I am in a rural area with no neighbors near enough to show on a wifi sweep and in fact the cbee is in the home office only perhaps 12 feet in a direct line above the TV on the floor above... I can test with a hard wire connection by going out one windo and then back in the window of the room below and in front I will give that a try to get the wifi out of the problem

Thanks again for your help
W

#36 ONLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Yes, turn off DHCP on your apple unit and connect it LAN to LAN port (don't use WAN port) Give it a different SSID and you'll be back in better wifi.

And assign a different IP to your Apple base. One not used by anything else.

#37 ONLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

Today on entering DAFI, there was an intro for some program. I wasn't paying close attention, I think it was 'North America', but is there any way to replay this intro?

#38 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,655 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Today on entering DAFI, there was an intro for some program. I wasn't paying close attention, I think it was 'North America', but is there any way to replay this intro?

here it is for your viewing pleasure.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0599.PNG

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#39 ONLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

Thanks!

#40 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,655 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

You are welcome 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...