Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Newbie needs remote control help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LoriD

LoriD

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'm visiting my elderly mother who has Dish Network tv. She has two tv's in her house; one in the family room and one in a den. The family room remote is green #1 and the den remote is blue #2. For some reason, the family room remote #1 is controlling BOTH tv's. This has never happened on previous visits. Each tv was controlled with its own remote. But today the family room tv wouldn't turn on and my sister thinks she pressed the wrong remote button to turn it off yesterday. So a friend came over and got the family room tv to turn on. But now we've noticed on the den tv, in the top left corner of the screen there's a green tv symbol with #1 in it and "Single Mode". I don't know how the den tv was switched to "Single Mode" and remote #1. I'm not familiar with Dish Network and my mother doesn't know anything about the system since my late father signed up for it. I hope someone can please help me figure out how to get remote #1 to stop controlling the den tv or figure out how to get remote #2 to control the den tv. Huge thanks in advance for your assistance!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

When you open the front door on the receiver, next to the power button you should see the Mode button. Press it once should put the receiver in dual user mode. It may have been hit by accident if some tried to reset the receiver by holding the power button but may have hit the wrong button by mistake. Also note that both tv1 and tv2 outputs can be sent to the second tv, if after you have the receiver back in dual user mode, make sure the second tv is tuned to the correct channel.

spam firewall