Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Velocity ch 364 technical

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Doug Higley

Doug Higley

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Velocity ch 364 gone from sched. I talked with tech and they said it is a technical glich and will be solved in 24-48 hours. It is not a contract dispute.
Meanwhile it can be viewed (but not dvd'rd) on TEST 5710.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

364 is showing on my guide, I have EA if that matters.

#3 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Velocity ch 364 gone from sched. I talked with tech and they said it is a technical glich and will be solved in 24-48 hours. It is not a contract dispute.
Meanwhile it can be viewed (but not dvd'rd) on TEST 5710.

The tech was correct about it not being a contract dispute, but I am not showing any known channel issues for Velocity. I can view it just fine over here. Is it working for you right now? What receiver do you have?

Tommy Faust
Social Media Representative
Sunday-Wednesday 6:00a-5:00p (MST)

#4 OFFLINE   Willh

Willh

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

do you have the package the channel is normally is on. if not then you lost the channel as it was on free preview and the preview has ended.
Dish Network Customer since Jan 2007, upgraded to HD on September 2, 2010.

DVRs/Box Sets: Dish VIP DVR 722K (2 of them).

long time Pro-Wrestling and NASCAR fan.

#5 OFFLINE   Doug Higley

Doug Higley

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

I did my homework before posting. I have Blockbuster (722)
I posted because Car Clubs were freaking out all over the net at the loss of their favorite channel.
It's still MIA here.

#6 ONLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,499 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Velocity is currently in free preview for everyone.

I have it at AT120 currently.

Did you do a power cord reboot of your receiver?
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#7 OFFLINE   Doug Higley

Doug Higley

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Tommy thanks...no 364.

Others:

OK...maybe I didn't make it clear in my first post so let me say it this way...
"Velocity ch 364 gone from sched. I talked with tech and they said it is a technical glich and will be solved in 24-48 hours."

Why would a power cord reboot of my 722 affect a glich in the system as told to me existed?
But yes of course I did prior to contact with D...with Dish many years, I know the drill.

Edited by Doug Higley, 28 March 2013 - 07:05 PM.
further thought

#8 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

When you say "Gone From Schedule", do you mean you have no guide info or the channel does not appear in the guide?

#9 OFFLINE   Doug Higley

Doug Higley

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Both...not even in All Channel Guide or a direct 364 remote punch.

I just got off a lengthy chat with tech and after MUCh back and forth and him checking this and that and finally checking on the forum...I was told that 364 Velocity has been PULLED from the Blockbuster lineup (without much ado ie: notice) and moved to America. Really dumb ass move.

Still don't see why it's not on all channel guide.
It is still on 5710 TEST without ability to DVR or sched. Oh well.

Edited by Doug Higley, 28 March 2013 - 07:48 PM.
add a word

#10 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,236 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

What do you see on channel 9421 (all channels)?

#11 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Is your guide set on a Favorite channel list? If you, change it to All channels, Subscribed Channels or HD Channels. Or do you have the system locked with hidden channels hidden?

#12 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

It is still part of the BB package, it is not gone from the guide on either the WA or EA for what I can tell for anyone else. And you can DVR it on channel 5710 if needed. (Using a manual timer)

It's certainly possible certain receivers lost it for some reason, but it's not a problem for most anyone else, in fact I see no other posts about it in this or the other forum. I can see it on both the EA and WA on my receivers. On top of that, it's in freeview everyone can get it which is probably what you were told by the CSR, not that it isn't in the BB package.

If you can point me to the other posts you mention of car enthusiasts who say they lost it I might be able come up with what's going on. But at this point I have seen it on both ARC's, channels 364 & 9521, and 5710 (Western Arc Only as always) all day.

Edited by tampa8, 28 March 2013 - 11:31 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   Doug Higley

Doug Higley

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

tmpa8: Other posts about it are through Google search....current dates not old stuff.

garys: Naturally I checked the ALL Channels guide not the Favorites.

It seems some aren't reading the posts already written.

9521 comes up Not subscribed.

And yes I WAS told by the tech (Mark Evans) that it WAS removed from the Blockbuster package. No question what he told me. (I'm not a newbie)

BUT it's still not answered why it's not showing on ALL CHANNELS.

#14 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,236 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Here is a recent history of changes to channel 9421 VLCTY (Velocity) which is normally mapped down to channel 364.

February 27th, 3:41pm ET - Channel 9421 Velocity placed in free preview
(Preview flag set, channel authorization flag stays the same)

March 27th, 4:16am ET - Channel 9421 Velocity removed from free preview
(Preview flag removed, channel authorization flag stays the same, everything restored to pre-February 27th numbers)

At this point in time the channel was authorized the same as it was before February 27th.

March 27th, 3:31pm ET - Channel 9421 Velocity placed in free preview with channel authorization flag change
(This change is similar to February 27th's change except the underlying channel authorization flag was changed. Due to the preview flag all subscribers would see the channel while DISH changed the matching channel authorization flag on receivers.)

March 27th, 5:26pm ET - Channel 9421 Velocity removed from free preview
(Preview flag removed, channel authorization flag is the new one)

At this point a receiver that has NOT been authorized to view channels marked with that channel authorization flag loses the channel.

Channel 9421 is NOT currently in free preview.

(DISH's authorization works by matching the channel authorization flag attached to each channel with a channel authorization flag that is stored on the smart card. If the card is authorized to view channels with that flag the channel is available on that receiver. It is possible for the same channel authorization flag to be on several channels.)

Changes in channel authorization flags can accompany changes in packages but there is no confirmation of Velocity being removed from BB@Home. It is still listed under BB@Home on the DISH website.

Velocity is also listed under the DISH America package.

#15 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,236 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

BUT it's still not answered why it's not showing on ALL CHANNELS.

It is showing up on ALL CHANNELS ... as channel 9421.
Channels that your receiver is not subscribed to do not map down.

If DISH put that channel in their system as channel 364 instead of channel 9421 it would show up as unsubscribed at channel 364.

#16 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

I can support Doug I don't subscribe to velocity and my ALL CHANNEL listing skips from 362 to 368. There is no 364 in ALL CHANNELS on WA. I do get Velocity on 5710 TEST

Edited by boba, 29 March 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

@James: It was recently removed from our Blockbuster package, though you should now get it with the 120 and above HD package. I don't have any specifics on the move itself though at this time.

@Doug: What satellites are you receiving? Do you subscribe to the HD package?

Tommy Faust

#18 OFFLINE   Doug Higley

Doug Higley

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Tommy: History...was 250 and all HD (free for life...yeah right) etc with Platinum (now Bockbuster).
Dropped to the Smart pkg BUT kept Blockbuster (HD)

So the answer is 'removed from Blockbuster'...OK...a dumb move...but ok...I get that now.
(The word SHOULD be spread to CRS as well so they know the answers. *)

However it (364) should still show on ALL Channel sched. which is my only remaining Q.
Just checked and Sched DOES show on All Channel on 9241 yes. But 364 is NOT on the ALL guide like other unsubscribed channels are.
OK...whatever...we'll deal with it. Thanks

(*Simians mating with a football comes to mind)

Edited by Doug Higley, 29 March 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Well, very confusing. I have to admit I may have added to the confusion. Here is what I can tell, and believe me it's confusing.

1. The uplink report is different here than the other site. There it clearly shows Velocity in preview, right next to Hallmark being in preview. The uplink report here clearly shows it ended preview though Hallmark is in preview.

2. Nothing on the Dish site or the preview channels shows Velocity to be in preview, YET - called Dish for a list of channels in preview and they include Velocity!

3. Normally in a case like this where a channel is in an add on package such as BB where it's number (364) is not near anything that a regular package gets, Dish does mirror it near other channels they think it fits with if they put into the regular packages, even many times in preview. They have not as best as I can tell, and only those with BB seem to get it on a mirrored channel. (I get BB and see it on 364) Over the years I have not seen Dish make you go to the actual (high numbered) channel to see a preview, let alone if it's actually in your package now.

4. I would never dispute this kind of information from an online CSR, so I have go with it no longer being in the BB package, but it sure hasn't been reported, or even look like it from their website or seeing those that can not get it other than the highest channel. Apparently a work in progress. Though not unprecedented, odd that an HD only channel would be put in all the packages.

#20 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Tommy: History...was 250 and all HD (free for life...yeah right) etc with Platinum (now Bockbuster).
Dropped to the Smart pkg BUT kept Blockbuster (HD)

So the answer is 'removed from Blockbuster'...OK...a dumb move...but ok...I get that now.
(The word SHOULD be spread to CRS as well so they know the answers. *)

However it (364) should still show on ALL Channel sched. which is my only remaining Q.
Just checked and Sched DOES show on All Channel on 9241 yes. But 364 is NOT on the ALL guide like other unsubscribed channels are.
OK...whatever...we'll deal with it. Thanks

(*Simians mating with a football comes to mind)

Since you have the HD package, it definitely should. Send me a PM with the account or phone #. We may just have to re-authorize your receiver to get it on the mapdown. I can also look into the HD free for life option with you.

2. Nothing on the Dish site or the preview channels shows Velocity to be in preview, YET - called Dish for a list of channels in preview and they include Velocity!

4. I would never dispute this kind of information from an online CSR, so I have go with it no longer being in the BB package, but it sure hasn't been reported, or even look like it from their website or seeing those that can not get it other than the highest channel. Apparently a work in progress. Though not unprecedented, odd that an HD only channel would be put in all the packages.

2. We did have Velocity in preview from 2/28 to 3/26. I am not showing it in our list of current previews though.

4.I will see if there is any other information on this, but all I have right now is that the programming is subject to change. I have forwarded this along.

Tommy Faust

Protected By... spam firewall...And...