Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Velocity ch 364 technical

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Thanks!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,685 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

1. The uplink report is different here than the other site. There it clearly shows Velocity in preview, right next to Hallmark being in preview. The uplink report here clearly shows it ended preview though Hallmark is in preview.

Uplink reports catching changes can be tricky. I try to stay ahead of the changes to decipher what each byte change means and in most cases the reports agree.

The channel list ( http://uplink.jamesl...e/channels.html ) is probably the best summary of what "is" after the changes. It is created from the raw data each morning around 6:30am and has highlights for "free" and "preview" channels (yes, there is a difference) as well as "not available". It also shows channels as they are mapped down plus the "collapsible EPG" channels.

(The 1000+ channel list shows channels greater than 1000, including channels before being mapped down.)

It is a lot to keep track of ... which is why it is automated as much as possible.
(BTW: SD channel temporary previews are mostly done via EPG and not shown in the uplink reports.)

#23 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for the added info.

#24 OFFLINE   Doug Higley

Doug Higley

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Tommy PM'd. Thanks.

#25 OFFLINE   Michael1

Michael1

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

@James: It was recently removed from our Blockbuster package, though you should now get it with the 120 and above HD package.

Having this added to the packages is good news! This is a very enjoyable channel.

Thank you, Dish!

Michael

#26 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,685 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Velocity, then "HD Theater", was available to all HD subscribers until 2010 when it was moved up to the Platinum HD level (and put on channel 5710 in preview mode).

It is nice to see it going back to an all subscribers status. Perhaps at some point DISH will update their website to reflect the move?

#27 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 127 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Tommy PM'd. Thanks.

Thanks! I haven't received a PM yet, can you try re-sending it please?

Velocity, then "HD Theater", was available to all HD subscribers until 2010 when it was moved up to the Platinum HD level (and put on channel 5710 in preview mode).

It is nice to see it going back to an all subscribers status. Perhaps at some point DISH will update their website to reflect the move?

I am still waiting on an update for that :(. Hopefully will see something soon!

Tommy Faust
Social Media Representative
Sunday-Wednesday 6:00a-5:00p (MST)

#28 OFFLINE   Hunter844

Hunter844

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

Having this added to the packages is good news! This is a very enjoyable channel.

Thank you, Dish!

Michael

I watch it a lot now that its back on my guide.
Dish Network 211k with EHD, AT250 with HDforLIFE
Eastern ARC DMA on 1000.4
Panasonic TC-P55GT50
LG 42'' 1080p LCD, Denon IN-COMMAND AVR-2112CI

#29 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

I believe the information that Velocity was moving from BB is probably wrong. My original suspicion as I posted was that it's only available in HD, it would be unusual for Dish to move an HD only channel from a add on package to a regular package. Encore HD is an exception in the Top250 package.

What seems more likely is that AXS is no longer in the BB package. It is available in both SD and HD is in the regular package spot in HD, (channel 167) and no longer in HD in the BB package. More than likely soon the SD version will leave the BB package also. Makes sense, it's in with the music channels.

#30 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 127 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

I believe the information that Velocity was moving from BB is probably wrong. My original suspicion as I posted was that it's only available in HD, it would be unusual for Dish to move an HD only channel from a add on package to a regular package. Encore HD is an exception in the Top250 package.

What seems more likely is that AXS is no longer in the BB package. It is available in both SD and HD is in the regular package spot in HD, (channel 167) and no longer in HD in the BB package. More than likely soon the SD version will leave the BB package also. Makes sense, it's in with the music channels.

We did receive an official word about Velocity being removed from the BB package as of 5 PM ET on the 27th of March, but still no specific information. It's possible Velocity may go into SD also, but I haven't seen any updates on that. I'll send it over to our programming team though.

Tommy Faust

#31 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Thanks! Was there word about AXS before they moved out of the package, as it appears they have?

#32 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,685 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

Thanks! Was there word about AXS before they moved out of the package, as it appears they have?

I have not seen an announcement but DISH has updated their website - AXS shows up in the channel lists for DISH America and all the AT level packages and is not listed on the BB@Home page. (The channel number is incorrect, but at least the channel is listed.)

No one should be losing AXS. The move out of BB@Home is a move back to "all packages" ... right where HD Net was when first introduced (although now available to SD subscribers).

#33 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

What is the status of Velocity HD and AXS-Hd ?   Which package are they in?

#34 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 127 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:23 AM

What is the status of Velocity HD and AXS-Hd ?   Which package are they in?

Velocity and AXS HD are available in all of our HD packages (120, 120+, 200, 250) Velocity on on Ch. 364, and AXS is on Ch. 167.

Tommy Faust

#35 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

Tommy, I wanted to reply to you on the conversations location but I receive something called a PARSE ERROR. I could not sign in with new ID that I chose. I chose to have the user ID emailed to me.

#36 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 127 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

Tommy, I wanted to reply to you on the conversations location but I receive something called a PARSE ERROR. I could not sign in with new ID that I chose. I chose to have the user ID emailed to me.

That's perfectly fine. Once you get it, let me know if you can login. If you can, you can update it yourself from the 'My Profile' page.

Tommy Faust

spam firewall