Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can you download shows off a 622 DVR after it's been deactivated?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,161 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

Tried to look this up as I know it's been discussed here before but it seems all I was getting was DirecTv threads despite having "622 DVR" in the title of my thread. Anyway I'm upgrading to a Hopper w/ sling from my old trusty 622. The problem being is that I might not have my hardrive before the upgrade occurs. So I'm wondering that since it'll take a while before Dish sends me a box to return my 622 and it'll just be sitting around anyway is it possible to move the recordings off the DVR on to the hardrive once it's deactivated. Or once it's deactivated it's too late? If that's the case I might have to reschedule the upgrade. Thanks!

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

I am more than happy to help you with your recording questions today, when the technician comes to install the Hopper system they will disconnect the DVR receiver being replaced. If you wanted to delay the Hopper install date to get the EHD to transfer the movies you can do that. Would you PM me with the phone number on the account to setup a rescheduled date?

#3 ONLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

I am more than happy to help you with your recording questions today, when the technician comes to install the Hopper system they will disconnect the DVR receiver being replaced. If you wanted to delay the Hopper install date to get the EHD to transfer the movies you can do that. Would you PM me with the phone number on the account to setup a rescheduled date?

Thanks for your offer Mike. I have the upgrade scheduled with a local retailer and the installer is a friend of mine so it's not that big a deal for me to reschedule. By your response I'm taking it that once your old receiver is deactivated it's too late to transfer the recordings on to a harddrive then huh?

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,867 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

yes, all subscription and DVR capability will be removed from your smart card if your 622 still connecting to a dish after the command will be send down

#5 ONLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

yes, all subscription and DVR capability will be removed from your smart card if your 622 still connecting to a dish after the command will be send down

That's what I figured, just wanted to be sure, thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...