Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Anybody getting the Samsung Galaxy IV?!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

I couldn't use a phone that rocks.  I need one that is steady in my hand.

As far as "plasticy" goes 99% of the people put cases on their phones so what does it matter what is hidden under the case?   I love the iPhone people who say how great the phone looks and feels then they pack it in a case that looks like the outside of a tank.  You can't see or feel the phone anyway.  :P

I just can't get past the "plasticky" feel of the Samsung phones, and the manner in which one has to answer the phone. I HATE that!

I'll stick with my EVO LTE, which is rooted and rocks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,187 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

The Sammys aren't steady in one hand at all. Hell, they're a b*tch to use with TWO hands, let alone one. Even with a case they still feel cheaply made. One can put any kind of case around something, but when the thing around which a case is wrapped is made of flimsy material itself, that's no different from putting lipstick on a pig.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#43 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

The Sammys aren't steady in one hand at all. Hell, they're a b*tch to use with TWO hands, let alone one. Even with a case they still feel cheaply made. One can put any kind of case around something, but when the thing around which a case is wrapped is made of flimsy material itself, that's no different from putting lipstick on a pig.

You must be 4'1" with little stubby hands!  When I had my Note 2 I could do 99% of what I needed with one-hand (clean mind please, talking about phone functions!). With the S4 there is absolutely no problem whatsoever.  You know what they say about big hands (or is that big feet?). Big hands, big brain, or something like that. 

#44 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,187 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

Sizable, strong, and not stubby hands. 

There comes a point where these devices get too big to control with ease. The Sammy S4 has come to that line of demarcation.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#45 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Sizable, strong, and not stubby hands. 

There comes a point where these devices get too big to control with ease. The Sammy S4 has come to that line of demarcation.

The S4?  Yikes!  It feels smaller than the S3 (not by much, but it does). That one I can easily handle without even fully extending Mr. Thumbkin which is fortunate because I have pretty bad arthritis in both my thumbs.

The Note 2 was a different story, Mr. T. needed some stretching and barely made it to the upper right corner but there was nothing there I seemed to need. For me the S4 is "just right and nice 'n' light."  Besides, 1 hand use isn't a necessity for me anyway because I feel "insecure" using any device with one hand.  My wife's iPhone 4 feels like a bar of soap in my hand which will squirt out if I'm not real careful especially if I use it with 1 hand. ;) 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...