Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Software download issues on H20

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

AllStar

• Registered
  • 2,975 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

While my GM was cleaning out our storage closet, he found an old H20 where it shouldn't be. I hooked it up to see if it still works, and while I can't remember the exact software version it was something just under or just over 4100 so I'm guessing it is about 3-4 years out of date. I got it configured for SWM without any problem, it sees all the satellites with strengths in the mid 90s, but I cannot get it to update its software.

I do the 02468 at startup and it goes to the software download screen, it says "New Software Found" in the upper left and says "Downloading software" above the progress bar, but stays at 0% while the numbers on the upper left slowly increment. My guess is that since it hasn't been updated in such a long time it's looking at the wrong transponder for software, and those numbers incrementing in the upper left are showing it searching through all the data streams for software.

I have a 5LNB system, which this receiver is correctly configured for. I've left it running for a half hour or so and it has got up to '4/300/30'. Anyone know how long it'll take to find the software, or if it ever will? I'd really like to get it updated to current and activate it to verify everything is working then keep it as a spare in case one of my 15 other H20s decides to die at some point.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,267 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

The current software was probably not streaming when you tried the update. They no longer have all the equipment streaming 24/7. Check here: http://www.redh.com/dtv/index.php?list to see when it's active.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#3 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,975 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

I checked the link and H20 firmware is listed as "inactive". Does that mean it wasn't being sent at the moment I checked, or that updates for it are not being sent at all any longer? I assume the former, given that one model of D10 which is even older was listed as active. I guess I could just hook it up in the closet at the switches without a display for a day or two and hope it updates at some point, though without the display I can't be sure I hit the 02468 at the right time so I'll have to hope it does it on its own.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by slice1900, 28 March 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,267 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Yep, it will update at some point.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

just subscribe there to notify and you'll know when it's time to press numbers

Protected By... spam firewall...And...