Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

4 movies in March, $10 back question?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FussyBob

FussyBob

Legend

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

It says you need to mail in the coupon to get the $10 bill credit.

Where do you get the coupon?

Bob P.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 806 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

It says you need to mail in the coupon to get the $10 bill credit.

Where do you get the coupon?

Bob P.

It is automatically mailed to you 8-10 weeks after purchase of the fourth movie in March.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#3 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

If they really wanted my business they would just take the $10 of the top. I just don't deal with coupons.

#4 OFFLINE   FussyBob

FussyBob

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

It is automatically mailed to you 8-10 weeks after purchase of the fourth movie in March.

Thanks!

Bob P.

#5 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,229 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

If they really wanted my business they would just take the $10 of the top. I just don't deal with coupons.

I think that's the point. Lots of people will forget or not bother to send in the coupon.

Back when DirecTV was a Hughes subsidiary I got a $5 per month discount as a Hughes retiree. They sent me a stack of coupons and I had to include one every month when I paid the bill to get the discount. Would I have preferred a discount off the top? Of course, but that's not the way the system worked.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#6 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,457 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

What a concept, they encourage paperless billing and automatic bill-pay, but then require that you mail in a paper coupon in order to redeem a promotion.

No thank you.

#7 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

What a concept, they encourage paperless billing and automatic bill-pay, but then require that you mail in a paper coupon in order to redeem a promotion.

No thank you.

Agreed. As much as they want to move forward with technology, they require an archaic form of movie money redemption. Hopefully this will update soon with everything else. At the very least they could still require you to go online and redeem it.
My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#8 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

It is silly how they do that, but the reasoning behind it is they are betting you will forget to mail it back and not do it. It is primitive true, but they still do it because of that reason. DirecTV already knows of course you ordered ppvs totaling 10.00 and qualify for the offer so really they could just automatically give you the credit. But it's all about money. When they have these offers they get more money in than not having the offer as it entices more people to order the PPV. And most those people will forget as people have normal every day lives to attend to. ALOT of companies do this for this reason. Even places like Best Buy do these silly rebate like on something as common as buying a new refrigerator. Or GameStop on video games. They could just take the discount off at the register lol. They know what they are doing ;)

#9 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

It is silly how they do that, but the reasoning behind it is they are betting you will forget to mail it back and not do it. It is primitive true, but they still do it because of that reason. DirecTV already knows of course you ordered ppvs totaling 10.00 and qualify for the offer so really they could just automatically give you the credit. But it's all about money. When they have these offers they get more money in than not having the offer as it entices more people to order the PPV. And most those people will forget as people have normal every day lives to attend to. ALOT of companies do this for this reason. Even places like Best Buy do these silly rebate like on something as common as buying a new refrigerator. Or GameStop on video games. They could just take the discount off at the register lol. They know what they are doing ;)

It's just the irony of requiring (or strongly suggesting lol) that new customers sign up for auto pay and paperless billing then expect them to go through archaic steps to get something as easy as Movie Money. :blackeye:
My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#10 OFFLINE   Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 352 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

8-10 weeks to get the coupon that you have to mail in to get the credit, then how long to get your $10 rebate, another 8 weeks?
Other than the excessive time to receive your credit, $3.49 (each) movie is a nice deal.

#11 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Ha I remember when I first starting working for them several years ago, they offered me a free PPV coupon for activating my employee account. And they expected me to mail in the offer for a credit to be applied in 8 weeks . And I work for them! Lol! I ordered thinking ya can't fool me and I ended up forgetting all about sending in the redemption slip. lol roflcopter
Hassled by my own people $_$

#12 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Ha I remember when I first starting working for them several years ago, they offered me a free PPV coupon for activating my employee account. And they expected me to mail in the offer for a credit to be applied in 8 weeks . And I work for them! Lol! I ordered thinking ya can't fool me and I ended up forgetting all about sending in the redemption slip. lol roflcopter

Hassled or hustled? :)

#13 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Hassled or hustled? :)

Both :-D. just kidding. hustled. thanks for the correction got the words confised with one another

Edited by Volatility, 30 March 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#14 OFFLINE   sweep49

sweep49

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSW GA

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

I'm a D fan, but coupons are silly. They just hoping you won't send it in.

HR22-100 + AM21
HR22-100

HR44-500 + AM21
H21 + AM21

Self installed:
Slimline 5
SWM-16
MRV

#15 OFFLINE   Mark40930

Mark40930

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

I had gotten a similar coupon when getting my employee account back in 2004. But at least I remembered to send mine in :D

D* Setup:
1 x HR24-500 DVR

FTA Setup (in storage):
HotDish 90cm dish
Invacom Linear/Circular LNBF
Openbox S16 HD receiver

Another circumstance, too, worried me in those days: that there was no on like me and I was unlike anyone else. - Dostoyevsky

#16 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

I can Rent 5 Blu rays for $10.
Why would I watch 4 movies for $20 and I'm sure wait 6-8 weeks for a $10 Credit.

Wow what an offer. LOL!

#17 OFFLINE   KoRn

KoRn

Legend

• Registered
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

Because I can watch them on same day as release. Netflix and Redbox don't have that. Unless you rent locally. And all the vultures will most likely be ahead of you wanting to watch with in the first day or week. I also don't have to deal with mailing or wasting gas to take them back locally. It is all about convenience. You either pay or you don't. Others will like me. Waiting on the voucher is no big deal to me either. Takes hardly no time to fill in a couple things and send back.

I can Rent 5 Blu rays for $10.
Why would I watch 4 movies for $20 and I'm sure wait 6-8 weeks for a $10 Credit.

Wow what an offer. LOL!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...