Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

iPhone Voice over LTE

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

I posted this over at mac rumors as well. But maybe you guys would like to chime in.

Basically I saw this on my phone from a cool jailbreak app and it made me put my thinking cap on. The cropped screenshot is attached below. It has to do with my phone reporting that it supports VoLTE.

Kevin

Attached Thumbnails

• image-688049706.jpg

Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,328 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

I've heard that they want to roll that out in 2014.

#3 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

That's what I've heard too. But I thought new phones and other equipment were necessary to take advantage of it. I could be wrong though.

Kevin
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

That's what I've heard too. But I thought new phones and other equipment were necessary to take advantage of it. I could be wrong though.

Kevin

I don't think new phones are required (assuming you have a 4G phone). However, the switch to VoLTE is going to take some time. VZW is planning to begin it in 2014, but it'll likely take over a year before the whole country is switched over.

#5 OFFLINE   Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

In order to take advantage of VoLTE your phone must have a baseband modem chip that supports it... Which to my knowledge the MDM9x15 and later ones come with this ability packed in....

Now it being enabled to work on devices with the hardware is another story all together as it will require yet another trip through the FCC to get approval for that use as VoLTE was not provisioned for use in the device first go round to my knowledge.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...