Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Add a Modulator to Joey for whole house distribution.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

Good point . . . I wonder if they will run for years at such high temperatures. I fastened the 2 Joeys, amp, modulator, power strip and all the power adaptors to a board. My final installation is like a wall mounted shelf about 2 feet below the floor framing. I was thinking mounting a single 80mm computer case fan above the 2 Joey's to keep them a little cooler.

Possibly. I know my Joey does better temp wise when it's on its vertical stand. A little more air circ couldn't hurt.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   swbca

swbca

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

Possibly. I know my Joey does better temp wise when it's on its vertical stand. A little more air circ couldn't hurt.

Good point about mounting the Joey's vertically. Since all my equipment is fully screwed down to a wall mount shelf, I could orient the shelf vertically and the Joey's would have free air below and above. The high thermal output from the Joeys would create pretty good airflow compared to having them sitting flat on a horizontal shelf blocking air from below.

Thanks for that idea.

Edited by swbca, 02 April 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Anytime. It's really surprising how hot those little guys get.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#24 OFFLINE   charlesrshell

charlesrshell

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Anytime. It's really surprising how hot those little guys get.

I noticed my Joey temps started to rise. Joey was installed 26 Feb 13 in my garage. When I mounted a fan on it 25 Mar 13 the temps were High 145, Low 111, and Average 123. Today the temps are 145, 55, and 100. It is not pretty but it works.

Attached Thumbnails

• JoeyFanPic-3.JPG

Dish 1000+ / Dish 500 / SIRIUS Radio / OTA Terrestrial Digital DB4 / 26 dB Pre-Amp / SlingBox 500
119 / 110 / 61.5 / 118.7 / 129 / DPP44x2 / Duo Nodex2  /  Hopper w/Slingx4 / Joeyx1 / 500G WD My DVR Expander EHDx2

AEP HD / Xtsy / Multi-Sport / Blockbuster@Home / International Basic / Italian Raitalia / Heartland / Outdoor Sports
50" Samsung HD LED / 50" Panasonic HD Plasma / 50" Vizio HD LED / 40" Samsung HD LED / 32" Vizio HD LCD

#25 OFFLINE   lonerwulf

lonerwulf

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Here's a suggestion that will work. Spend a few more dollars and lease a few more joeys and stop being cheap

Protected By... spam firewall...And...