Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

satellite box is over the temp limit.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   IndyMichael

IndyMichael

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 917 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

ForumRunner_20130329_184111.png

Never seen this before. It's our oldest r22, now being used as a HD dvr.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Do you hear a fan running? Have you recently moved it into an enclosed space or put other equipment in close proximity to it? If you dont hear a fan running its quite possible that the internal fan failed.

#3 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,246 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

I had an HR21 that started doing that. After a couple of days, it would never get out of that overheating/cooling down cycle. When I called DirecTV, they rolled a truck. The tech saw that screen and immediately replaced the unit. With a brand new HR24 (it was all they had on their truck).

So if you haven't recently moved the unit, I'd watch any recordings you have on that unit. It's days may be numbered.

#4 OFFLINE   gomezma1

gomezma1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 460 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

what is the normal temp for a R22 being used as HD in fahrenheit. his is in celsius

#5 OFFLINE   IndyMichael

IndyMichael

Legend/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 917 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

I moved it today, but it wasn't enclosed and was working fine. Then I unplugged it to move it back to it's regular tv and got the message I took a pic of, when I plugged it back in. Don't know why it got hot in the first place, but the fan was working when the message popped up and continued to cool it, it's 109F now. Odd the warning is in C and the unit settings show it in F. 109F is 42 C, it was 142 F or 61C earlier.

#6 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

what is the normal temp for a R22 being used as HD in fahrenheit. his is in celsius

It does not matter if it is being used as an HD or SD unit. The normal temp range in farenheit on my R22-200 is between 102 and 108 degrees.

The R22 has TWO fans-one on the back and one underneath the HDD. I do not know where the temperature measurement is taken but I assume it's quite close to the HDD which is the most heat-sensitive component.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

spam firewall