Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Are My Recordings Done Forever?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

My HR24 downloaded the latest 0x66d software on Wednesday. HR24 would not record partials properly. Complete programs selected in advance of their air time were okay. DTV tech said I got a bad download, wait for engineering to send another one within the next two days. Two days, nothing. I Called again Friday and the tech had me force a download. Disaster. The download was, for reasons unbeknownst to them, the old 0x62c, not the new 0x66d. What happened is that all of the complete programs (5 hours worth) I downloaded on the HR24 during the three days I had the defective 0x66d were gone from my PLAY LIST with the 0x62c download. Deleted? DTV thinks they were. What do you think? Is there a possibility the "deleted" 5 hours will come back when I finally get a good version of 0x66d? Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,908 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

It is possible, but not guaranteed.

#3 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,755 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

What happened is that all of the complete programs (5 hours worth) I downloaded on the HR24 during the three days I had the defective 0x66d were gone from my PLAY LIST with the 0x62c download. Deleted? DTV thinks they were. What do you think? Is there a possibility the "deleted" 5 hours will come back when I finally get a good version of 0x66d? Thanks!

My experience agrees with DirecTV, they're gone.
You might want to look to see if they're OnDemand, or can be streamed from the web.
A.K.A VOS

#4 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

My experience agrees with DirecTV, they're gone.
You might want to look to see if they're OnDemand, or can be streamed from the web.

They're on both of my other DVRs. I just like to back things up redundantly. Had weekness upgrade my hard drives. Thanks.

#5 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

My HR24 downloaded the latest 0x66d software on Wednesday. HR24 would not record partials properly. Complete programs selected in advance of their air time were okay. DTV tech said I got a bad download, wait for engineering to send another one within the next two days. Two days, nothing. I Called again Friday and the tech had me force a download. Disaster. The download was, for reasons unbeknownst to them, the old 0x62c, not the new 0x66d. What happened is that all of the complete programs (5 hours worth) I downloaded on the HR24 during the three days I had the defective 0x66d were gone from my PLAY LIST with the 0x62c download. Deleted? DTV thinks they were. What do you think? Is there a possibility the "deleted" 5 hours will come back when I finally get a good version of 0x66d? Thanks!

Also received this download. What was the main reason for the download? Will there be any noticeable differences with my receiver?

#6 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,867 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

The tech gave you bad information. My understanding is that you should never force a download because you may accidentally revert to an older version. This is what happened to you and yes, I believe your recordings are gone forever. The tech was operating off very old information. The unfortunate thing is that you will probably be upgraded back to the version you were on automatically in a few days.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#7 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,867 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

The main reason for this download was increased stability which input cases was the result.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#8 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

[quote name='veryoldschool']My experience agrees with DirecTV, they're gone.

Got the 0x66d last night and my PLAYLIST is still devoid of the 5 missing hours. Lost and gone forever, oh my darling Clementine.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...