Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Waiting for the other shoe to drop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

So at the risk of jinxing myself, I haven't run into any issues with my HR34 and three C31 clients. (The HR24 has been rock solid too.) However, reading these forums makes me skittish. It's almost like I cover my eyes wondering when the scare is going to come. I know that problems are more likely to get posted than positives in such a forum, but I'm wondering, how many people around here have perfectly acceptable HR34-C31 combinations?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,792 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

I'm wondering, how many people around here have perfectly acceptable HR34-C31 combinations?

Maybe not "perfect", but does what I want and doesn't give me problems.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   Brubear

Brubear

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

I have had my 34 for quite awhile, it's rock solid. I have a client, did not care for it and replaced it with an HR24, for a total of 3 HR24s networked with the Genie. So, my answer is a partial answer. I love the HR34, the client didn't work for me.

my comments and opinions are my own and do not suggest endorsement by my employer

#4 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,000 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Really no problems with the C31 and HR34, just a little slower UI then I would hope for.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#5 OFFLINE   Mike Greer

Mike Greer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

If you're happy that's all that matters!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...