Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

could NOT GET HD extra pack..

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

The only way to get the free trial multiple times is to call and cancel BEFORE the free trial expires. Since according to your previous posts it already expired, the only way to get it is to pay for it. Officially you're not even supposed to get trial multiple times, but a known loophole that has yet to be closed allows you to get it again via DirecTV's website, if you cancel before the trial expires.

All sevices on the account, whether charged or free, will expire on their own.  Even if you remove the HD Extra pack 3 month trial, the line item will remain on the account until the promotional line item expires on the account.  This would have no effect on getting the offer again.  No idea who he is talking to, but I don't see any reason why the option would not have populated.  Most offers have an expiration date much longer than the offer date.  Originally, the HD Extra pack's offer date was the same as the expiration date, which is why you could remove it and immediately add it back at no charge.  They may have fixed that.  If the OP had the 6 month promotion that cancels on it's own, the expiration date may be 3 months longer than the offer end date.  I'm baffled as to how a CSR couldn't find this information.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

I am kind of thinking the agent did not offer it free again as you just came off of the free offer. The offer was there and they just chose not to give it to you. You may want to call back and try again, but if you like the HD EXTRA Pack and see value in it, why not just pay for it?

#23 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,961 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

I like the HD Extra pack for one thing only... Palladia HD. Viacom owns that so wish it was with MTV, VH1.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#24 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

I like the HD Extra pack for one thing only... Palladia HD. Viacom owns that so wish it was with MTV, VH1.

Ditto. They should put all those channels in like the Choice and higher. I agree they should put Palladia with MTV, VH1 and so forth. If i see a customer who had hd extra free and wants it back a part of me thinks they should pay for it as it isn't fair to the customers who do but I give it to them usually as it is silly they charge extra for these channels in the first place.

Edited by Volatility, 17 May 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   Grafixguy

Grafixguy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

I cancelled a week or so ago when the charge hit my account, so I was past the free trial. When I went to my account it was showing as not available for free so I figured they closed this loophole, which is fine. There's not enough there to pay for but it's nice to have once in a while.

I just checked again and lo and behold, free for 3 months is available again. Might be related to the free preview going on now so if you want it, you might want to revisit your account on line and check for it.

#26 OFFLINE   scott0702

scott0702

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Like some other posts I cannot add it without purchasing an HD receiver. All my receivers are HD.

#27 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,898 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

Ditto. They should put all those channels in like the Choice and higher. I agree they should put Palladia with MTV, VH1 and so forth. If i see a customer who had hd extra free and wants it back a part of me thinks they should pay for it as it isn't fair to the customers who do but I give it to them usually as it is silly they charge extra for these channels in the first place.

At a minimum HD Extra Pack should be part of the Premier package.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#28 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 712 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Like some other posts I cannot add it without purchasing an HD receiver. All my receivers are HD.

Yep, I have the same issue....oh well, its not a huge deal for me

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

#29 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

At a minimum HD Extra Pack should be part of the Premier package.

For all of them, I think the Premier package is a bit overboard.

HallMark Movie Channel, Sony Movie Channel, Universal HD, MGMHD, HDNET, and Shorts could be  

in the Ultimate Package.

Smithsonian Channel could be in the Xtra pacakge where H2 is found.

A&E owned C&I Channel and MTV owned Palladia in the Xtra package aswell.

:)

Edited by Volatility, 22 May 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#30 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

since I was off work today.. I decided to go to the D* page.. sure enough.. there it was.. hd for free for 3 months.. click click.. bye now.. happy trails..

#31 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

For a group of channels that so many claim "there is nothing ever worth watching so I wont pay for them", some sure spend enough time complaining when they cant scam their way into getting it for free.....its pretty shameful.

Edited by CCarncross, 23 May 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#32 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,898 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

For a group of channels that so many claim "there is nothing ever worth watching so I wont pay for them", some sure spend enough time complaining when they cant scam their way into getting it for free.....its pretty shameful.

I see you noticed that too.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#33 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 160 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Personally, I've found it easier to pay $4.99 a month for these channels (which I rarely watch) then to dick around cancelling and re-adding every three months (and I'd still rarely watch them.)  My laziness has a price, which must be $4.99 a month.

#34 OFFLINE   philtec

philtec

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPhila PA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

That's $4.99 PLUS TAX.

Each year $59.88 PLUS TAX.

You keep it for 10 years it will be $598.80 PLUS TAX.

Free is always the best deal!

#35 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 533 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Personally, I've found it easier to pay $4.99 a month for these channels (which I rarely watch) then to dick around cancelling and re-adding every three months (and I'd still rarely watch them.)  My laziness has a price, which must be $4.99 a month.

same here, i wish they stop people from do it, and maybe they could add more channels to it in the future

#36 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 160 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

That's $4.99 PLUS TAX.

Each year $59.88 PLUS TAX.

You keep it for 10 years it will be $598.80 PLUS TAX.

Free is always the best deal!

Why not just extend your ridiculous analogy out  to 100 years?  You'll save over $6,000!  Or maybe $100,000.  My math skills stink.

Edited by TJNash, 23 May 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#37 OFFLINE   philtec

philtec

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPhila PA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

Why not just extend your ridiculous analogy out  to 100 years?  You'll save over $6,000!  Or maybe $100,000.  My math skills stink.

Just making a point.

100 years would be $5988.00 PLUS TAX.($479.04 @8%)=$6467.04

I think its worth it.

Sign me up!!!

#38 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,961 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

You can't take it 100 years, you have to account for inflation. What if in 10 years its $10.99?

I think $4.99 is too much for one channel (Palladia). They can keep the others for all I care, but I'll work it just for Palladia.

Really though if you get MTV and VH1, Palladia should come with those.

AXS and Velocity are "HD Only" distribution, but you don't see those in the pack. It needs more to be of value. Now maybe throw Epix in there and that price finally is worth it.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#39 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 941 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Perhaps one can suggest the following:

1. Get rid of the HD Extra package and fold it with the basic which currently costs $77.99. Throw in new additions of FEARnet, EPiX, EPiX 2, and EPiX 3 in HD and EPiX Drive-In (which does not yet have a linear HD).

* OR *

2. Keep the $5.99 package but move out of there Hallmark Movie Channel HD, Universal HD, Crime & Investigation HD, Smithsonian HD, and Palladia HD and assign them to both the $71.99 legacy and $77.99 basic packages. With a revision of the current HD Extra Pack, add to it FEARnet, EPiX, EPiX 2, and EPiX 3 in HD. (Though it is not HD, also add EPiX Drive-In.) With HD Net Movies, MGM HD, Sony Movie Channel HD, and Shorts HD still part of the package, DirecTV could adjust the HD Extra pricing, as the basics likely will also increase, in the first quarter of 2014.

#40 OFFLINE   philtec

philtec

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPhila PA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

FEARnet is not on dtv

Protected By... spam firewall...And...