Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

R15 & DTV iPhone app

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rivergoat

Rivergoat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

I haven't used the iPhone app much; when I first tried it, how nice to program my receiver with it. Choose a movie, show, or what have you, select "record" and the unit is programmed. Well, last night I decided to try it again. Instead it throws "unsupported receiver type" at me. It's the newest version of the app (although maybe that's the problem...they removed or screwed up ability to use the R15?). Sure I restarted the iPhone, even restated to R15....

Anyway, thought I'd toss it out here and see if anyone else had any thoughts on it...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,233 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

None of the SD receivers or DVRs have any type of network connectivity. There is no way for the iPhone or Android apps to talk to them.

Edit: I may have misunderstood. If you are just speaking to remote booking via the website, I believe that will be fixed in the near future.

Edited by carl6, 01 April 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   Rivergoat

Rivergoat

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

Remote booking is indeed the most probably description. It just tells the DVR to add the program to its "to be recorded" database. It used to work, but if you say that's actually something that will be fixed in the near future, then great.

I'm still in the Stone Age...no HD....not even any high speed connectivity where I live; I must tether my iPhone for data service unless I want to install DTV's satellite internet (not in my budget right now...)

#4 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

You can program recordings remotely on the R-15 even though it doesn't connect to the internet. The command comes over the satellite.

The only thing the R-15 won't do that the R-22 and HD DVR's can do is remotely schedule a series link (prioritizer) entry.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#5 OFFLINE   Rivergoat

Rivergoat

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yes, as I say, I have remotely programed in the past, but yesterday it didn't work ("unsupported receiver"). I'm hoping that's a glitch to be mended.....

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Version 2.4.4 released, "Fixed an issue with setting recordings on SD DVRs".

Protected By... spam firewall...And...