Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The 508 No Longer In Service

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Skeeterman

Skeeterman

Legend

• Registered
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

I called Dish today to ask why my PVR 508 was no longer receiving signal, as a message on the TV screen states that my smart card cannot be used for programming. One of the Tech Support CSR told me they started discontinuing the service on the 508 last week. Meaning, it now can be used for a boat anchor or otherwise. No complaints here as it has served me well these past 14 years.

BTW, anyone want a used PVE508 Dish Receiver....Free of course. Just pay a few bucks for shipping.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

The 508 is not worth anything, no one can activate it any longer. I'm not sure what else you can use it as.

#3 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

Arent you the one that had a deactivated 508 that you were using to receive the in the clear channels? If it was active and continuously active, I believe they went through a swap out program quite awhile ago. They arent letting you activate them anymore, but I'd bet there may be a few still in active service.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,975 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

why you created new thread if did ask SAME question here: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=213877 ?

I would merge both ...

#5 OFFLINE   Skeeterman

Skeeterman

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Is it safe to buy a DUO322 receiver, and not have to be concerned about it being discontinued anytime soon? It appears the 322 are selling less on ebay, which makes me thinking it may be on it's way out.

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,975 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

just buy 211/211k and convert it to HD DVR for $40 + your USB drive

#7 OFFLINE   dlt

dlt

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

My moms 508 is still up and running perfectly.

#8 OFFLINE   SDWC

SDWC

AllStar

• Registered
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Mine is running but I'm going "Hopping" very soon!  It will be taking up closet space next to my 2800 receiver. :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...