Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Unable to use Google chrome

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Every time I try to use Google chrome, I get this message:

Unable to access the network

Google Chrome is having trouble accessing the network.

This may be because your firewall or antivirus software wrongly thinks Google Chrome is an intruder on your computer and is blocking it from connecting to the Internet.

Here are some suggestions:

• Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.

Error 138 (net::ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED): Unable to access the network.

I've tried making adjustments with my antivirus settings and everything else the message suggests, but I'm still unable to get Chrome to work.

Any suggestions?

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,085 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Make sure you have the most recent version of your virus protection and Chrome itself on your device.

I'm on there right now using Chrome...no such message.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#3 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

I do have the most recent version of my AV protection. What's the most recent version of Chrome? I'll double-check that then.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,504 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

26.0.1410.43, on Windows at least.

#5 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Yup. That's what I've got.

#6 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Lord Vader, where do you surf? It seems like every few weeks you end up back here with a new "Interweb's" related issue with one of your pcs.

#7 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

Blame it on AT&T UVerse. I never had these problems when I had Comcast Internet.

#8 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Duh. I should have thought of this from the start--I just uninstalled it then reinstalled it and now it's working.

I'll still blame it on UVerse. I hate it. $75/month for their so-called "fastest" speed. At my previous residence, I was paying $39.95/month for Comcast's Blast service and getting speeds of, I kid you not, 250% faster than UVerse. I'll take 50megs over 20 megs any day.

#9 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Lord Vader, I'm on Uverse, never had a virus/malware/spyware problem in 7 years...

#10 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

I still hate UVerse. For one thing, it's WAY overpriced! I'd take Comcast high speed Internet any day of the week.

#11 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Lord Vader, I'm on Uverse, never had a virus/malware/spyware problem in 7 years...

Same here, except it's 1 year.

LV, was your original Turbo Tax Uverse's fault, too? ;)
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#12 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

No. I wasn't with UVerse then. :raspberry

#13 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,085 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

No Interest (service) Provider should have any restrictions or be able to dictate what you use on your computer as a customer, unless malicious intent is involved.

They also should have no limits on what browser one uses.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#14 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

Lord Vader - what O/S are you running, and what are you using for endpoint protection (anti virus/firewall)?

#15 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

I've got a buddy that uses Comcast, he somehow manages to hose up something on his pc every few weeks....its not the ISP....

#16 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,409 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

No Interest (service) Provider should have any restrictions or be able to dictate what you use on your computer as a customer, unless malicious intent is involved.

All of my stocks representing companies with an ISP component had shareholder initiatives to adopt "net neutrality" as an operating policy and each of them was recommended against by the Board.

btw, I assumed that you meant Internet Provider as opposed to Interest Provider.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#17 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,646 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Could be a 32 v 64 bit issue?

#18 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,232 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

Can you imagine if the phone company would shut you off because they didn't like the kinds of conversation you were having?

#19 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

I've got a buddy that uses Comcast, he somehow manages to hose up something on his pc every few weeks....its not the ISP....

Same here. My friend is infamous for spreading chain mail and "jokes of the day", but he doesn't seem to understand why his PC keeps getting hosed. Lord knows what other risky behaviors he repeats.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...